diy solar

diy solar

Charging Bluetti AC200 by car alternator

Janhuyb

Hi , I am new to this topic and read about the AC200. If I am correct you can also charge via the 12v car output. Any idea how long it takes to recharge the AC200 in this way? Any ideas how to optimise this? Want to install in a Toyota Landcruiser.

Hi , I am new to this topic and read about the AC200. If I am correct you can also charge via the 12v car output. Any idea how long it takes to recharge the AC200 in this way? Any ideas how to optimise this? Want to install in a Toyota Landcruiser.
You can't buy an AC200 right now.
Bluetti ran out of LG NMA batteries so they switched to LFP and increased the battery from 1700wh to 2000wh but also added to the 52 5lb weight.
I think about 70lbs for the new LFP but not sure as I lost interest with the $2000? price.

The time for 12V charging is on their website.
Wire a pure sine wave inverter to your car battery then use the large 120V power brick to fast charge.

I only need to power a 44 quart 12V fridge right now so I sold both of my AC200s.
100Ah LFP battery ran my fridge in 70° days and 40s overnight for 8 days with no charging on a recent trip.
Only 6.7 watts per hour!
Hotter summer temps will probably be about 5 days run time.

When you tell the AC200 that you are charging from a 12V car battery, it will only pull 8.2 Amps, which translates to 100 Watts, which means it would take about 17 hours to charge its 1700 Wh lithium battery - and you'd better keep your motor running or you will kill the vehicle's battery.

The good news here, is that at only 8.2A, you won't be blowing any 10A or 15A fuses that are typically behind the 12V accessory jacks within your vehicle.

If, instead, you tried to plug a 400W AC inverter into your vehicle's 12V power jack, even a 15A fuse would blow as soon you plugged in the the Bluetti's 370W AC charger, because the inverter would try to pull a little more than 31 Amps at 12V = 370W. (And you wouldn't want to replace a 15A fuse with 35A fuse - the wiring that feeds the 12V power jack would overheat.)

If, instead, you tried to plug a 400W AC inverter into your vehicle's 12V power jack, even a 15A fuse would blow as soon you plugged in the the Bluetti's 370W AC charger, because the inverter would try to pull a little more than 31 Amps at 12V = 370W. (And you wouldn't want to replace a 15A fuse with 35A fuse - the wiring that feeds the 12V power jack would overheat.)
Yeah that's why I said to wire the inverter directly to his car battery.
And only charge when the engine is running.

Back