diy solar

diy solar

Charging Bluetti AC200 with inverter

barryngeorgia

I want to connect an inverter directly to my van battery to charge my Bluetti AC200 with B230 attached. If I get a Victron 12 800 would I be able to use the wall charger that came with the power station? What size breaker should I put in the line from battery to inverter? What gauge wire for a 10 foot run (20 ft round trip)? If I can't figure this out do I have any business trying to do this?

What size is your van battery?

I'm thinking this isn't a good idea as the van battery will probably be undersized compared to the AC200.

800 CCA. I was thinking it had more to do with the alternator output since the inverter would only be on with engine running.

Last edited:
Gotcha, so you are wanting to charge the AC200 from the altenator intead of the battery.

I'll have to bow out of this one as it's beyond what I have done. I do believe you can charge the AC200 via the cigarette lighter port, but it will take a long time to charge up fully if memory serves.

Maybe someone else will jump in. I see where Light Harvest Solar is selling this kind of setup as a kit with the power station that they have rebadged from Bluetti. I'm just trying to figure out how to safely do this myself.

Your van alternator should be able to run 800W inverter without issue and it should be able to power the bundled AC200 wall charger (<200W?).

My other question I'm trying to figure out is the size breaker to put in the wire from starter battery toward the inverter as well as the wire gauge for a wire round trip of approximately 20 feet. 2AWG with a 100 amp breaker???

The Bluetti AC200 is a 2000W/1700wh power station.

From the label on the charger specs are:
Input: 100-240V-50-60Hz 5A 500VA
Output 58.8V = 7.0 A 411.6 W
Does this still sound fine as described?

Last edited:
It should be fine but check the docs for the inverter. You may want to shorten the battery cable or use a larger gauge to get the better efficiency.

Back