diy solar

diy solar

Charging Delta Pro with smart gas generator

showmeguy

Hello everyone,
Purchased the EcoFlow Delta Pro and their gas generator. I am preparing for ice this week and just received the units in time. Went to unbox and did not realize the gas generator required the EcoFlow Smart Adapter. I did the see the AC output on the front side of the gas generator. I will be ordering the smart adapter but will not be here until another week or two. Question is can I plug the Delta Pro with the AC cord provided into the AC output without the Smart Adapter?

Appreciate any feedback since this is all new to me. thank you

Yes. The generator will act just like a regular generator and power items plugged in the front. It will charge the Ecoflow, however the automatic start and turn off features will not work. You will need to monitor and do so manually.

DarrylG
thank you for your reply on this, gives me comfort knowing it can be used minus the auto start and off.
Thank you you again,

I did notice that when I plugged in my Motor home to the eco smart generator it would not connect.. my MH transfer switch checks for a Neutral open ground bond.. so it would not connect.. the moment Put a Y cord on the generator output ( it only has one output), and plugged a NG bonding plug into the spare out, my MH connected immediately and charged normally.. so it appears that the smart gen is NOT N/G bonded.. I haven't tested my Hondas to see yet, but it was an easy diagnosis..

It looks like the Delta pro will take the Non bonded input, but I want to test it some more.. No problem with the DC charging, other than being limited to one 15 ft cord.. I have asked and asked for an adapter that would allow 2 long cords to be put together.. The voltage drop across 2 cords will still work IMO.

when I plug my MH into the Delta Pro, it also requires a NG bonding plug, as expected.. so that is in my MH transfer box. very interesting..

You will get more accustomed to these limitations as you mess with it.. the thing to avoid is 2 NG bonds at different locations.. so if you plug in the DP to the wall, then having a NG plug is a no no plugged into the face

so it appears that the smart gen is NOT N/G bonded.. I haven't tested my Hondas to see yet, but it was an easy diagnosis..
I can vouch my Honda EU2000i and my Ecoflow Delta Pro are not ground neutral bonded.

Back