diy solar

diy solar

Charging Jackery with current system?

Richaz

Rookie question. I have a 200w system on my campervan and all seams to be working great. I am looking to charge a jackery 1000 . I have an epever controller and the mt50 monitor. I have two questions: first can I use a change over switch (see pic) before the panels plug into the controller so on position one they panels connect as they do now and on position two the panels will connect(via quick connect plug) directly to the jackery so all power to the van can be off and the jackery will charge. Second possible scenario can I just connect the jackery to the empty load port of the epever controller, not as good as first because van system must be on. Thanks, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 7B39CC38-95AF-44EA-8421-66DC0AB14EFB.jpeg
    7B39CC38-95AF-44EA-8421-66DC0AB14EFB.jpeg
    372 KB · Views: 1
Sounds good to me. I use one of these exact rotary switches to allow or bypass grid to my MPP Solar - the contacts isolate as they rotate, so no issue with cross connecting. They come in various amps that will easily cover what you need. :)

Position 0 (complete disconnect) will give you an 'Off' for any incoming PV to let you work on things - good side feature.

I bought the mounting box they make for these and it worked great.

Back