diy solar

diy solar

charging my new lifep04 batteries 12 volts

Jorvs

I think it was really drained 11.8 volts when i charged it..
drained it so I can fully charged and run a capacity charged out of it

started 5:47pm
stop 2:40am
its like 8-9 hours of charging

battery is lifep04 100ah total of 4 cells

I have been chargiing may battery using a UPS type grid type battery charger brand is SNADI

my BMS is xiaoxiang

i have been charging it 10amps to 12amps

its indicated that in the app its 13.4
and its 100 percent

after 100 percent its still taking in amp about 10amps
is that normal?

is the battery really fully charged?
read some charts and it should be fully charged..

but why its still taking in amps?
will it automatically stop when fully charged? should I leave like that?
or should i stop charging it?(it wont explode from over charging right)

I think it was really drained 11.8 volts when i charged it..
drained it so I can fully charged and run a capacity charged out of it

started 5:47pm
stop 2:40am
its like 8-9 hours of charging

battery is lifep04 100ah total of 4 cells

I have been chargiing may battery using a UPS type grid type battery charger brand is SNADI

my BMS is xiaoxiang

i have been charging it 10amps to 12amps

its indicated that in the app its 13.4
and its 100 percent

after 100 percent its still taking in amp about 10amps
is that normal?

is the battery really fully charged?
read some charts and it should be fully charged..

but why its still taking in amps?
will it automatically stop when fully charged? should I leave like that?
or should i stop charging it?(it wont explode from over charging right)
Lots of questions, but you have provided few details.
What are the cell readings from your BMS?
What are the low cell voltage disconnect and high cell voltage disconnect set to in the BMS?
I have no clue what a "UPS type grid type battery charger" is or means. Does it have a LiFePO4 setting? What voltages does it use?

Generally speaking, 90% of your capacity will be between 12 to 13.6 volts. Common settings are 13.8 or 13.6 volts to charge. If doing a capacity test and both high voltage cell disconnect and low cell voltage disconnect are set properly, 10 volts to 14.6 volts is the test range ( won't happen, you will always have one cell with slightly less capacity than the others).

Yes, you can permanently damage your cells by over charging or letting them discharge too low. This is why you have a BMS, but be warned, most defaults are not set correctly. Don't let cells go under 2.5 volts, or over 3.65 volts (10 volts to 14.6 volts). Just measuring total pack voltage means nothing, you need to know the voltage of each cell. I would certainly suggest that you stop charging until you know what your BMS settings are, and what voltage your charger is supplying.

Lots of questions, but you have provided few details.
What are the cell readings from your BMS?
What are the low cell voltage disconnect and high cell voltage disconnect set to in the BMS?
I have no clue what a "UPS type grid type battery charger" is or means. Does it have a LiFePO4 setting? What voltages does it use?

Generally speaking, 90% of your capacity will be between 12 to 13.6 volts. Common settings are 13.8 or 13.6 volts to charge. If doing a capacity test and both high voltage cell disconnect and low cell voltage disconnect are set properly, 10 volts to 14.6 volts is the test range ( won't happen, you will always have one cell with slightly less capacity than the others).

Yes, you can permanently damage your cells by over charging or letting them discharge too low. This is why you have a BMS, but be warned, most defaults are not set correctly. Don't let cells go under 2.5 volts, or over 3.65 volts (10 volts to 14.6 volts). Just measuring total pack voltage means nothing, you need to know the voltage of each cell. I would certainly suggest that you stop charging until you know what your BMS settings are, and what voltage your charger is supplying.
sorry for a late reply...
your reply helped me a lot on understanding the bms and the voltage to set...
Thanks you..
greatly appreciated..

Back