diy solar

diy solar

Charging parameters

Riddy

Well lets try to keep this simple as possible as I'm so confused. I have a 48 volt system with 16, 6 volt batteries @ 225 Ahr or a total of 450ah for both banks of 8
My panels are divided in two circuits, 6 panels are 250 watt go to one controller and the other set of panels are 310 watt and go to the second controller. What I need to know is how to fill in the following blanks or questions marks for best battery longevity please! I need help. My batteries are Trojan T 105 @ 225ah From the Trojan website I found that the bulk and absorb charge is 58.8 volts, the float charge is 54.0 and equalize charge is 64.8 volts. This is all the information I can find that I can understand, please can someone please help fill in the blanks or question marks?
Thank you Riddy
Control parameters
A. Over volt disconnect ???
Charge volt limit ???
B. Over voltage reconnect ???
Equalize charge ???
C. Boost charge ???
Float charge ???
D. Boost reconnect ???
Low voltage reconnect ???
E. Under voltage reconnect ???
Under voltage warning ???
F. Low voltage disconnect ???
Discharge limit ???
G. Equalize time ???
Boost time ???

One last question when they refer to load does this refer to an ac load or a DC load. And wouldn't an inverter be a DC load? So all my batteries connect only to my one inverter. No other direct DC load is connected. So how should I set the Load setting on charge controller on or off?
Thanks for all help
Sincerely
Riddy

A link to your charge controller's manual(s) would help improve answers.
No it really would not. I'm not looking for the controllers default setting. I'm looking for the best settings to prolong the life of my batteries . But thank you anyway
Riddy

It actually would. You've listed things in a way that aren't straight forward. Different charge controllers have slightly different terminology, and context can matter.

Half of the items are preceded by a letter, while the other half are not implying some kind of grouping, but many aren't related.

It's also a little comical that you're arguing the value of the manuals when you're asking for beginner level help.

If linking to manuals is too much of a bother for you, then maybe you shouldn't rely on the generosity of others to hold your hand when you're not willing to learn or even facilitate.

Unwatch

Back