diy solar

diy solar

Charging Solar Generator with gas or propane generator?

Marc4274

We have three AC200P units, and looking at a Titan or Delta Pro for an upgrade. I am wondering, for days with no sun, can I re-charge them with any gas or propane generator as long as I use the AC wall charger?

If that works I'd really prefer a propane generator - any recomendations?

As long as the generator puts out a clean power.
A small inverter type generator is probably the most efficient.

I bought a firman 3200 watt g
We have three AC200P units, and looking at a Titan or Delta Pro for an upgrade. I am wondering, for days with no sun, can I re-charge them with any gas or propane generator as long as I use the AC wall charger?

If that works I'd really prefer a propane generator - any recomendations?
I bought a firman 3200 watt duel fuel generator at Costco last week just to have on hand for this purpose. It is a small package and fairly light has wheels and a handle, electric start and comes with oil and a funnel + a regulator for 600.00.
I believe the sale will run till the 1st of April after then it will be 200.00 more which is still a good price considering it's a dual fuel.
Just a warning I had to take the first one back because it would not start on propane, it was my fault the regulator has to be plugged in to a 12 volt power source on the generator to run on propane and there is no reference to this in the start up guide and I had never seen a regulator that requires power before. No reference to this in the manual either. Other than that it is a vary good generator.

I am looking for a propane only generator to charge my Ecoflo Max 2000 (will be in shortly). I saw an ALP that seemed that I could run two in series to charge it in an emergency (I live in a Hurricane area in Florida). I contacted them and received two emails stating that "The ALP generators generate 850 running watts. 2 generators would be 1700 running watts. You say the Echo flow input shows 1800 W max. This is too much for the ALP." I am new to solar but instinct is yelling at me something is not right with this response. One might be my lack of knowledge. Perhaps someone has an opinion or a suggestion. It felt like they were trying to discourage me without giving me a reason. Perhaps they are doing me a favor by not allowing me to destroy my equipment.

Back