diy solar

diy solar

Charging

Braingears

Correct me if I'm wrong...
If I have a charger connected to a lead acid battery while in parallel with a 500F SuperCapacitor while maintaining a charge voltage. As long as the charging voltage is maintained, wouldn't that be the same thing as having a 200A+ charger connected to the battery?

It doesn't matter if you put 10kF of capacitors in parallel on the battery. If you only have a 10A charger all you can put in is 10A.

Getting 200 charging amps amps out of a 12 volt system on a 10 amp charger would break the laws of physics as I know them. If you do get that, I would patent that and you’ve invented a perpetual motion machine.

While I agree a 10A charger will maintain that current continuously, and 200A charger will maintain that current continuously. It's still applying the same voltage force to the batteries.

In reality, it's about what the battery is able to absorb.
The supercapacitor by itself can provide 1000 Amps alone (instantaneously with virtually no resistance) to easily start a semi truck or a bulldozer, without a battery even attached. If it's charged to that voltage, at that moment in time, it's no different than having a 200A-1000A charger connected directly to the batteries.

So correct me if I'm wrong, the battery is only going to absorb what it's going to absorb, with a capacitor attached it makes no difference if charger is 1Amp, 10Amps, or 100Amps. The fact that the capacitor is attached means (at least for the stored charge), it would be no different than 200A charger always connected...

Back