diy solar

diy solar

Cheap 120Ah LiFePO4 Cells

I wonder what all these cells are coming out of.

Question: Given that they are 2nd hand rebirthed cells, how are they going to go for the normal charge cycle count, ie after the nominal 2000 cycles we all are used to with lithium specs, where will their capacity be down to WRT their rebirthed capacity?

Last edited:
I will try to send the cell code to the manufacturer, if there is new information, I will update it here.

Fantastic video Will P.
I also noted that if buying larger numbers of cells the price increases considerably for matched cells.
ie 4 orders of 8cells = £3740.64
where as 1 order of 32cells =£4138.99 (same supplier - CATL but not BLS)
I couldn't understand why the 32cell single order was working out dearer, until i realised, the 32cell order are all matched, but the 4x8cell order has 4 groups of matching cells, but each group might be slightly different. Best to be aware if buying larger multiples.

EDITED...it only seems to be the specific supplier i looked at...weird.

Last edited:
marc you ordered also from BLS ? and your cells got a DMC Code for indentification. But this shows, one time you got wiped cells and one time new ones with a code, from the same supplier ?

Fantastic video Will P.
I also noted that if buying larger numbers of cells the price increases considerably for matched cells.
ie 4 orders of 8cells = £3740.64
where as 1 order of 32cells =£4138.99 (same supplier)
I couldn't understand why the 32cell single order was working out dearer, until i realised, the 32cell order are all matched, but the 4x8cell order has 4 groups of matching cells, but each group might be slightly different. Best to be aware if buying larger multiples.
Grade A There will be no matching problem. I don't know if my understanding is right or wrong.@Will Prowse

for used battery sold as new, got to love some of the sellers on Ali, might be a hard one to refund, false claims mean nothing, as long as they work

sad but true with them

Back