diy solar

diy solar

Cheap Chinese junk: I'll trow my 3 Daly controllers in the garbage bin. ANGRY!!!

I recently got a response from daligreen. I am not sure but I think it is a copycat of dali. They told me their products suck ;)
hahha
nah I am bending their words totally out of shape. But yes that was my conclusion. ;)

They are buying up houses in our cities and sitting on them driving rent up.

I haven’t seen them release any of the houses they bought here yet.

They bought 25% of the houses sold her in Q1.

Have neither resold them nor rented them.
it's not only in your area. Sri Lanka, Afrika and many other areas are being taken over ever so silently. Even Australia. But they at least seem to be waking up finally.

I keep wondering. Why are IP camera's so expensive. Unless you go the no name east route. But even Dahua has been deemed not save.
I have like 20 cheap Chinese IP cameras that keep trying to call home.
I have an IT background with a whaft of networking so I will not give them the chance but still. Why?

I keep wondering. Why are IP camera's so expensive. Unless you go the no name east route. But even Dahua has been deemed not save.
I have an IT background with a whaft of networking so I will not give them the chance but still. Why?
Have to assume it’s CCP phone home thing.

Is an Chinese IP address?

Remember a few years ago Cisco, Apple, F5 and a few others found out they had installed these little spy chips in them.

My inverter wifi uses a server based in China.
They can't see me, but they know all about my off grid solar system.
But my Google nests listen in my home and report directly to the USA.

Nobody is saying the voltage cannot be manipulated safely.

we are all saying that the voltage can be very deadly unprotected, and handled as if it is a car battery.

48v, or even 24V can kill.

the conditions need to be nigh ridiculous, but, in warm conditions, or around children, the wrong step could be the last one made...
Yup It was a long and sweaty day and I made mistake of going across the battery at 48v.

It didn’t kill me obviously but It did burn my arm where it made contact.

Got a newfound respect for 48v.

Yup It was a long and sweaty day and I made mistake of going across the battery at 48v.

I made that mistake once and I won't forget it. I didn't get burnt but I did melt the terminal off one of my cells and destroyed my ratchet.
It made me realize how easily that can happen if I am not being careful

Try fractal burning, the new deadly DIY home art form. Step up wall or battery power to anywhere from 2000-12,000 volts. Add baking soda and lots of water... Enough so you're standing in it. Now put on your gloves and apply electrodes to the mess.
What could go wrong?

so this has quickly turned into a chinese bashing topic, way to go !

no sense in reminding you all the us is by far the biggest datacollecting and privacy basher in the world i gather ?

come on, get off you high horses here

Personally, I'm only here to bash Daly for very poor quality control.

no sense in reminding you all the us is by far the biggest datacollecting and privacy basher in the world i gather ?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm very much aware of that fact. I don't like that either. The two entities that collect the most (and most detailed) data on you are Google and Apple. I'm not happy with that either.

I'm not really on a high horse here, I'm not happy with data collection in general. It should all be opt in, not "we might let you opt out".

That said, Daly has a (deservedly so) poor reputation for quality and reliability. I own three of them, so I'm pretty much speaking from experience.
Poor quality in their products probably infers poor quality of data handling as well.

In many ways I think you have a valid point.

let' me try to get back on topic whilst keeping Dali in the loop.

I started derailing when I had to buy cheap stuff because I can't afford the good stuff yet. Wether it being BMS or IP camera.
and even the good stuff is not always good stuff we have seen earlier.

So I guess that what I am trying to say is that we are kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place.
i just hope soon there will be open source projects BMS or other types of devices that we can all use.

I will contribute my wind turbine design once it sees the light of day.

Also I forgot to mention that for people like me at least I can decide to run linux on my phone and not use apple or google.
For my PC's I run a linux distro ever since microsoft started collecting data. Telemetry they call it. How evil.

For a BMS I have not a lot of options. Either affordable stuff with strings attached that we know about or branded "quality" stuff that will break the bank whilst still maybe having strings attached to them.

Also I forgot to mention that for people like me at least I can decide to run linux on my phone and not use apple or google.
For my PC's I run a linux distro ever since microsoft started collecting data. Telemetry they call it. How evil.

For a BMS I have not a lot of options. Either affordable stuff with strings attached that we know about or branded "quality" stuff that will break the bank whilst still maybe having strings attached to them.

Unfortunately, Bluetooth interface means data collection of some sort. They almost always use libraries that collect much more than is necessary as well (and that goes for WiFi as well).

Your best bet is a serial interface (USB, RS-485, etc.) of some sort using a third party app ported to something like a Raspberry Pi or Arduino.

staying on topic, DALY BMS <100 seem to work but not programmable? the stories of random failures especially of high amp models have kept me away thus far

JBD BMS 100-120A are my preferred alternative, programmable safety voltages, and UART serial which can communicate with arduino directly and avoid bluetooth entirely. but some DIY code required still.

Back