diy solar

diy solar

Cheap way to reduce hot water heater draw.

Could be hard water that would rinse better with softening.
Or get a special soap that washes off easily.

I think my sister staying some place for school found that only a $5 bar of soap rinsed off without giving her a rash. That was back when $5 was 1.5 hours at minimum wage.

Maybe try glycerin soap or something. Castile soap, this says if hard water is the problem.

Im theorizing parallel plumbing two small water heaters and maintaining a single system during day and allowing the secondary to run only if we have high usage planned or required via controller/timerE6A76ADA-2B21-42DF-B11E-4903BF5AF31B.jpeg

Parallel, I'd expect water from them to blend, so wouldn't be as hot when one off. Unless valve controlled.

I plan to put HPWH before existing gas heater, set higher, so gas only runs when not enough from electric. Or as needed to maintain temperature.
I would also plumb a radiator loop from this, with circulator pump. And mixing valve to feed rest of house.

Im theorizing parallel plumbing two small water heaters and maintaining a single system during day and allowing the secondary to run only if we have high usage planned or required via controller/timerView attachment 184825
Since that is an econet heater do you have it automatically controlled to not run at night and/or when battery is low?

Back