diy solar

diy solar

Cheapest LiFePo4 batteries on the market

I always figure these type of posts are just a marketing trick .... especially from a new member who joined the forum 27 minutes ago as of the time of this post.

Advertisements should be in the corporate section .... Is this is just a trick to get around that?

No, Bob it's not a trick. I have no experience at all with LifePo4 batteries. At the moment I use AGM batteries in my camper but I would like to replace it with 1 LifePo4 battery with a large capacity. I live in Belgium and apart from the commercial information there is very little information about LiFePo4 batteries. You in the US are already much further along

No, Bob it's not a trick. I have no experience at all with LifePo4 batteries. At the moment I use AGM batteries in my camper but I would like to replace it with 1 LifePo4 battery with a large capacity. I live in Belgium and apart from the commercial information there is very little information about LiFePo4 batteries. You in the US are already much further along
Sorry ..... sure looked like a sellers post.

I don't remember seeing any posts about that particular battery .... but for a 300 AH battery that doesn't seem possible.

You can always do a search for PFDD and LifeP04 Battery store to see if you get any hits.

Thanks Bob, I already did that but apart from the information that can be found at the sellers I can't find a website of the manufacturer or anything else for these PFDD batteries

If you look here someone has purchased that battery but they won't receive it until September.. so either wait until someone receives one and can say how it is or gamble and buy one yourself :) Other option is to not look for the "cheapest" battery and buy one that has a good reputation or build a 12V battery yourself with prismatic cells you purchase.

Thanks Bob, I already did that but apart from the information that can be found at the sellers I can't find a website of the manufacturer or anything else for these PFDD batteries
I have eyeballed these batteries myself. Downfalls- no low temp charging cutoff and limit of 100a continuous (no matter battery size... They sell up to 500ah but still apparently the same BMS). I am tempted but ? If you can't afford to lose the money, wait until others get them and review.

If you read the AliExpress reviews on that battery there is an interesting post:

"Judging by the weight of 12.8 kg it seems to me that not 300ah and somewhere 130ah but it is necessary to test and learn the true capacity of the battery"

Can one perhaps get an idea of what a battery isn't by considering its weight, as the commenter is implying?

If you look here someone has purchased that battery but they won't receive it until September.. so either wait until someone receives one and can say how it is or gamble and buy one yourself :) Other option is to not look for the "cheapest" battery and buy one that has a good reputation or build a 12V battery yourself with prismatic cells you purchase.
The person who bought one is me... it's now due this month, but i'm not holding up much hope of it:

1. turning up, or
2. Being anywhere near 'as advertised'

As I've done some more research and it appears to be impossible for a battery that size and weight to be 12v @ 300ah....

I'll report back when / if it arrives and how my inevitable dispute goes with the seller.

The person who bought one is me... it's now due this month, but i'm not holding up much hope of it:

1. turning up, or
2. Being anywhere near 'as advertised'

As I've done some more research and it appears to be impossible for a battery that size and weight to be 12v @ 300ah....

I'll report back when / if it arrives and how my inevitable dispute goes with the seller.
No sign of the battery yet. Looks like it might be a dud. Will be able to open a dispute soon to get my money back.

OK I bought the PFDD 300ah LifeP04 several months ago and just now got around to testing it. I hooked it to a 2000watt Jupiter converter and plugged a 350 watt space heater into it. It ran for about an hour and then the alarm sounded and the inverter shut down. The BMS screen on the batter dropped down to 63% and 11.9 volts. I guess by this performance it sounds like the battery is not even a LifePO4 much less a 300AH battery. DO not buy this garbage.

I guess by this performance it sounds like the battery is not even a LifePO4 much less a 300AH battery.
What voltage did you charge it to? How did you conclude it was not LFP? 3.0 volts is a typical cut off voltage for LFP. NMC or other Lithium chemistries would charge higher and cut off sooner.

Back