diy solar

diy solar

Check out the really cool outlet plug on this inverter!

Terrapin

I've never seen a single receptacle that could take a standard 15A or a 30A style plug. Are these available on any new inverters that you know of? The idea is awesome for an inverter over 1600W that's going to be a plug in connection to shore power cords. It is used on Ebay and looks pretty beat up, I just don't have the luck for this type of investment to risk on it, but I love this plug! Does anyone know if it is currently use anywhere else on one?

EDIT: Note, this plug will NOT accept a USA 30A Male plug as it appears it may. See replies below.

Attachments

• COOL INVERTER SOCKET.jpg
    COOL INVERTER SOCKET.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
I've never seen a single receptacle that could take a standard 15A or a 30A style plug. Are these available on any new inverters that you know of? The idea is awesome for an inverter over 1600W that's going to be a plug in connection to shore power cords. It is used on Ebay and looks pretty beat up, I just don't have the luck for this type of investment to risk on it, but I love this plug! Does anyone know if it is currently use anywhere else on one?

Edit......sorry SmoothJoey-just noticed your link.........

I have one or those on an inverter, it's capable of accepting different style plugs.....

All right, that's it Joey, (lol) what is your background that this is on your radar too? Was my guess that the shape of that will accept a US style 30A male plug correct? reading those links it seems the sideways elements may be for overseas style male plugs...
It won't accept a 30 amp rv plug.
It will accept nema 5-15.
If I told you my background... ;).
Lets just say I'm a nerd.

Check out these outlets on the back of my UPS...lol

Attachments

• P_20210210_185640.jpg
    P_20210210_185640.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 20
I used to carry a cheap travel adapter similar to that, except it also had a switch that reconfigured it to accept even a couple more.

Looks like a standard USA-British-Europe universal outlet. I would prefer standard NEMA 5-15 actually. Any decent large inverter will have a hardwire provision anyway.

It does. I will be doing a full review on this unit very soon.

Attachments

• P_20210211_132504.jpg
    P_20210211_132504.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 7
Interesting... what unit is it? Looking forward to it.
I have already posted some info and photos here. It's been taking me a long time to post my review because I have three problems. I am a procrastinator and I would like to be as thorough as I can. The combination of those two is bad...lol. And honestly I suck at reviews...and photos. The third reason is the UPS is supposed to charge at 30 amps. I am working with the company trying to get this sorted out. Other than that I like it so far.

I have not hard wired anything to the AC output yet. So my review might be an ongoing one. The AC outlets are good for 10 amps. Hard wiring will provide full output.

EDIT: Note, this plug will NOT accept a USA 30A Male plug as it appears it may. See replies below.
Wa What? I'm confused. That won't work.

Wa What? I'm confused. That won't work.
It wouldn't with identical contact points... No, You're right the short story is Nope, it won't...maybe some funky design work inside might have isolated them. But honestly I wasn't even thinking that...I am just figuring out how dangerous I am. :censored:

Back