diy solar

diy solar

Cheep easy way to insulate a shipping containers

You might want to look for a "heat recovery ventilator" to exchange air without losing as much heat.

Edit: Added DavidPoz video

Last edited:

Cheep easy way to insulate a Scoop of Ice Cream​

Place a slice of cake on a plate.
Put scoop of ice cream on cake.
Separate two eggs and whip the whites, with sugar and vanilla to taste.
Slather meringue mixture over ice cream and cake, covering entirely.
Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
Flambé and serve.

On my new cabin I did Panasonic FV-04VE1 for air exchange since I have a mostly airtight build with spray foam and conventional insulation. Much needed because my on demand water heater inside the house does not have a fresh air intake external to the house. IE it draws air to exhaust from inside the house.
Thats a heat exchanger?
You might want to look for a "heat recovery ventilator" to exchange air without losing as much heat.
I've been looking at one on ebay for like $600. After seeing that video I know how I'm going to set it up. Thanks!

I looked up the price after posting that and was shocked.
I would consider DIY, that yellow core looks like it is made of alternating directions of cloroplast, a 4x8 sheet costs around $20 at home depot and could make a core 1 foot square and 5 inch thick.

I looked up the price after posting that and was shocked.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honeywell-...194008&hash=item1f168c764f:g:7o4AAOSwIHVfY7fo

Not too bad. It would take me days to build custom. Think for me I want to spend my time installing.

I would consider DIY, that yellow core looks like it is made of alternating directions of cloroplast, a 4x8 sheet costs around $20 at home depot and could make a core 1 foot square and 5 inch thick.
Before I found that unit. I was thinking about using 2 vent tubes spiraled together running through my utility container.

After seeing that Poz video I am wondering if my plan of running the bath vent & the kitchen vent through one of those might not be good. Maybe with the correct filters it will be okay.

No idea about your neck of woods but around here used heat recovery ventilators go sometimes for peanuts when people change them to more efficient models. Graigslist might br worth a look.

Back