diy solar

diy solar

China customs bans shipping of lithium batteries?

Or the whole things was designed to screw up the western economies. If they gotta screw up their own in the process, that’s just a small blip in their planning horizon.

Go/baduk is their national game.

Kill the supply of parts to the west and take Taiwan and Korea and anything else in the region that they deem as theirs.

History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.
China's economy is in a lot worst shape than the USA right now. I highly doubt that they planned on a super spreading virus to be more harmful to a country with 350 million and the best medical care system versus one with 1.4 billion people and one of the planets worst medical care systems.
Medical care is not a high priority in China, it never has been.

I don't think they have a claim on Korea, unless you go back to Genghis Khan and he was Mongolian.
They don’t but per some their statements, they think they do. The consider Koreans in the fold of Chinese minority groups, but you gotta go back to three kingdom or Silla period to find any conquests and that was in current North Korea territory. The Mongolian Khans (I believe it was Kubla) were most active only on Jejudo Island (pre Japan invasion attempt).

Glad my order is showning arrival in Vancouver! You guys are making me wonder about the 280A cells I am (was) planning for next Spring...guess we wait and see.
they may want to divert the cells to domestic markets, not sure if the dangerouse goods is a Real concern or a made up convenient one. Pretty sure when a nation is seeing falling GDP they won't stall the shipping of high end products for too long.

The Mongolian Khans (I believe it was Kubla) were most active only on Jejudo Island (pre Japan invasion attempt).
I have been to Korea a lot and visited Jeju Island once. Did not know about the Mongolian occupation. Now there are half a dozen International Boarding Schools run by British, Canadian and US schools. They teach a program that enables access to US, Canadian and UK universities which are in high demand because of the Korean desire for their kids to get a great University education,.

The consider Koreans in the fold of Chinese minority groups, but you gotta go back to three kingdom or Silla period to find any conquests and that was in current North Korea territory.
Interesting. I am married to a Chinese woman with Mongolian ancestry and a Korean friend of mine says she has more Korean bloodline than Chinese. :) Another friend of mine is married to a Kazakstan woman and she says she is a direct descendant of Genghis Kahn.
I knew that the first Korean Kim IL fought with Mao against the Japanese who had invaded Korea as early as 1907. I did not know of that other connection to Korea. I have met a lot of ethnic Koreans who are from Northern China and assumed they or their relatives got out of North Korea when the border was more porous.

If China cuts off the Wests lithium batteries, what's the backup source?
None because we have absolutely no manufacturing here.

Believe it or not a Vietnamese Battery manufacturer is supposed to be coming to NC.

The Vietnamese have a huge battery manufacture facility but we don’t.

Make perfect sense.

That is not quite true, despite having the most expensive health care system, the US doesn't even rank in the top 10.
That is true but the US does have some of the best hospitals in the world and has most of the worlds leading Virologists. Basic point being that China for all it's industrial power has one of the worst medical systems in the world in every area possible. In the past Chinese citizens typically would not have their children vaccinated in China because of all the Deaths and scandals they have had with simple vaccines. They use to go to Hong Kong to get this basic kind of care.

None because we have absolutely no manufacturing here.

Believe it or not a Vietnamese Battery manufacturer is supposed to be coming to NC.

The Vietnamese have a huge battery manufacture facility but we don’t.

Make perfect sense.
Are you sure about that? I don't know if you mean LFP specifically but I know Tesla and several other companies make Lithium batteries in the USA.

I thought Tesla was dealing with CATL.
I thought that was for Tesla's made in China.
They have two or three Gigafactories in the USA for the US supply. Someone who is into Tesla's would no more. I stopped listening to Musk about a year ago.

Lifepo4 specifically.
Gotcha! The reason for that is the special royalty free contract China had to use the IP for 10 Years.
Now that it is up I am pretty sure companies around the Globe will be making the batteries. Of course that all depends on what happens with Solid State batteries and all the other chemistries that are supposed to be coming to the market.

Gotcha! The reason for that is the special royalty free contract China had to use the IP for 10 Years.
Now that it is up I am pretty sure companies around the Globe will be making the batteries. Of course that all depends on what happens with Solid State batteries and all the other chemistries that are supposed to be coming to the market.
Who awarded them this 10 year exclusive contract? The United Nations?

Hopefully there are other chemistries that make it to market but I haven’t seen anything scale past laboratory stuff yet much less be cost effective on a large scale.

Tesla is now manufacturing cars with LFP battery, China does not want Tesla’s in china equipped with NMC batteries.

Tesla has been hinting at manufacturing LFP in the U.S.

I only have a tiny peek into Tesla, I do have a whole box of Tesla 20700 cells meant for Tesla cars, destined for my bicycle....

Back