diy solar

diy solar

China Delivery Problems

Seawalker

The coronavirus issue in China is worsening with the government now extending the new years vacation to Feb 12 in some provinces to keep workers home. I am in the middle of getting replacement cells from a vendor that is telling me that nothing is going out before Feb 20! This is very concerning and causing me to worry that these delays may get longer and longer. I am now considering abandoning the existing batteries and going for CALB cells to build a new bank and would like to get any insight on any us based distributors of CA400 or CA600 cells.

My Ali order of 4 190Ah cells, has just had the delivery time extended for the third time. Originally ordered on 14 Dec, I'm now told that the delivery will start in 19 days.............. I'm not holding my breath.....

You think non-Chinese vendors (US, AU, GB, etc...) would see the opportunity here and step up with locally made products. Probably more trouble than it's worth to get thru the red tape to begin, tho.

You think non-Chinese vendors (US, AU, GB, etc...) would see the opportunity here and step up with locally made products. Probably more trouble than it's worth to get thru the red tape to begin, tho.

The issue is that 99.99% of the so called "US" and other manufacturers get their batteries the same place in China we do .. does anyone actually think BattleBorn is made in the US .. NO .. its ASSEMBLED ... sowhen there is an issue in China then the entire world is affected ...

The issue is that 99.99% of the so called "US" and other manufacturers get their batteries the same place in China we do .. does anyone actually think BattleBorn is made in the US .. NO .. its ASSEMBLED ... sowhen there is an issue in China then the entire world is affected ...
Oh, I get that. I was implying others should start building the cells, not just assembly. That's the 'red tape' comment, probably too hard to get the permits and permissions and tooling to gear up to build cells, only to have the China issues resolved and again provide lower cost cells than anyone else. Simply not worth the effort or time.

Well.... I'm not sure if I should be pleased or Pi**ed.. My order of these
had 3 delayed dispatch dates.. the last change said it would be another 19 days till they were even sent out..
I guessed it was because of the extended holiday, due to Coronavirus keeping the chinese factories closed.

But today, I got a mail, saying they been dispatched, and when i look at UPS Tracking, they are coming from....... GERMANY..

Does anyone know how long Germany to UK should take with UPS?

Well.... I'm not sure if I should be pleased or Pi**ed.. My order of these
had 3 delayed dispatch dates.. the last change said it would be another 19 days till they were even sent out..
I guessed it was because of the extended holiday, due to Coronavirus keeping the chinese factories closed.

But today, I got a mail, saying they been dispatched, and when i look at UPS Tracking, they are coming from....... GERMANY..

Does anyone know how long Germany to UK should take with UPS?

With DHL it should take a day ... seriously ... assuming that UPS and DHL should have the same schedule ... I guess it all depends on how they ship them ...

Back