diy solar

diy solar

Chins BMS possibly the issue?

Looking at buying 4 of the CHINS 12v 100ah batteries and going with either a 24v or 48v bank with them.
Mixed responses on whether I can go with 4 in series for 48v or not. If not how about 2s2p for 24v?

Just need to figure out which of these will work before I buy a 24v or 48v All-In-One Growatt or PowMr.

Any thoughts?
You can certainly run 4 Chins 100 AH batteries in series. I've been doing it for several months as part of a mish mash of various batteries. I did have to add a balancer to keep them aligned, but other than that they're playing well in the sandbox

Late to the party, but here is my 2 cents.
You say it's your battery shutting down, but how do you know it's not the inverter? What measurements have you made?

You have 2 racks of batteries. Each rack should have its own power and ground wire. Identical wire gauge and length.

Four batteries are difficult to balance with jumpers, per Wills video. He prefers bus bars and short wire runs to the battery. I don't see how you would physically do that with your 2 racks.

The 300 amp breaker is strangling the current flow, it may not be tripping but I'd suggest replacing the fuse 1st.

A new proper fuse appeared to solve the problem at this point.

Thank you for your detailed reply to my post.

Lesson learned on cheap circuit breakers :(
Can you share what specific fuse you ended up using? I have a very similar setup and the exact same problem. Going to replace my breaker with a fuse asap.

Back