diy solar

diy solar

CHINS is Working Hard to Build a Brand

AE4KR

Ham Radio Tinkerer
I ordered a CHINS 12V 100 AH LiFePo4 battery, $375 with tax and shipping, about 10 days ago. On March 2, I was e-mailed a tracking link, which showed it picked up by UPS for shipping. There has been no further update to the status in the last week. I was getting concerned.

Then today, I got an e-mail from CHINS which informed me UPS is holding things up because some batteries from other manufacturers have caught fire and exploded. They told me the item is now scheduled to ship March 11. What they said next amazed me:

To make up for your losses, we will provide the following 3 solutions:
Option 1: When you receive our item, we will give you a 5% refund;
Option 2: We are willing to give you a 14.6V 10A lithium battery charger for free, including 0V charging function, which can activate all 12.8V lithium batteries.
Option 3: If you are not satisfied with our delivery time, we are willing to give you a full refund immediately.
You can choose one of these solutions.

This level of customer service from a Chinese manufacturer is unexpected. Chinese companies have long seemed to care only about cutting costs to compete at a commodity-pricing level, even at the expense of repeat business. I have to wonder whether exposure to feedback such as the posts on this forum are making them wake up and realize that good experiences can elevate them above price wars.

I ordered from CHINS because of good reviews. My opinion of the company just took another major leap today.

Last edited:
Good, many battery suppliers should learn from this. It's true that there are a lot of providers who just want to make money and lose their service, no matter what country, there are always bad people and there are always good people.

They don't have proper DG certificates for shipping, the batteries have not gone thru proper testing or certification. That is the honest reason for the "holdup".

How can you state this as fact ?

They have shipped batteries to Will Prowse without any known issues judging from his thorough reviews.

Are you one of their competitors ?

Thanks in advance for any facts you can provide.

They don't have proper DG certificates for shipping, the batteries have not gone thru proper testing or certification. That is the honest reason for the "holdup".

AKA, USE at your own risk. You are the test agent.
Can you show us what yours DG certificates for shipping, the batteriesand proper testing or certification. look like?

Chins, AmpereTime etc are most certainly improving in quality & service as they are going for getting market share and to be established. Just look at the teardowns over the past few years that show a clear & marked improvement by several companies.

Their offer of 10A Charger etc to make up for it, is clearly proof they are stepping up.

FYI: Many Chinese companies are just "Makers" and they make their products for customers and their specs & costing requirements... Just like Black & Decker/DeWalt/Porter-Cable all owned by the same Capitol Asset Group that has everything Sub-Contracted to China and they make the tools to supplied specs... B&D became JUNK, Porter-Cable Mid Grade and DeWalt Home & Pro tools, likely all made at the same factory too ! But ALL have "Made in China" stamped on them and if good noone says a word and when crap, it's blamed on the chinese, Not the Designer or Engineer who specd crap parts in the First Place.

Check out Will's latest video with a 12V/400AH "PowerQueen" Battery

The battery arrived today. It showed a shipping origination address in California. It was nicely packed, and included the bolts for the terminals. I'm keeping the foam caps that protected it in the box, in case I want to insulate the battery from the floor of an enclosure.

The battery was lighter than expected - about 23.2 pounds. I don't think my scale is in error, as the stated shipping weight on the UPS label, including the box, was "25 pounds." Does this mean it may be the new version using pouch cells instead of prismatic?

The battery showed 13.18 volts out of the box, and hit full charge after about 5 hours at 10 amps. So it was probably around 55-60% charged on arrival. The BMS happily let it run to 14.60, or 3.65V per cell, so I'm assuming that means the cells were pretty well balanced.

Pleased so far! I'll make one final post when I see the 5% refund land back on my VISA.

...and the refund has landed. The odd thing is, the delivery was made on the 12th, within the originally predicted time window (March 10 - 16.) In fact, the late-shipping credit landed in my account on the 15th, a day before they even had promised delivery of the battery.

I'm thinking they could have just marked the battery down 5% from the start, but whatever. I'm pleased with the vendor, and the first cycle on the battery showed full capacity.

The battery arrived today. It showed a shipping origination address in California. It was nicely packed, and included the bolts for the terminals. I'm keeping the foam caps that protected it in the box, in case I want to insulate the battery from the floor of an enclosure.

The battery was lighter than expected - about 23.2 pounds. I don't think my scale is in error, as the stated shipping weight on the UPS label, including the box, was "25 pounds." Does this mean it may be the new version using pouch cells instead of prismatic?

The battery showed 13.18 volts out of the box, and hit full charge after about 5 hours at 10 amps. So it was probably around 55-60% charged on arrival. The BMS happily let it run to 14.60, or 3.65V per cell, so I'm assuming that means the cells were pretty well balanced.

Pleased so far! I'll make one final post when I see the 5% refund land back on my VISA.
The box (quite thick) and its packaging may weight up to 1.8 lbs. You may want to weight it. Also UPS scale may not be accurate. There are few factors. I won't be worry about weight. The most important is the quality and meeting its specification.

How did Amazon build an Empire?
Customer service. View attachment 87814

-
They built it by spamming advertisements on Google, back in the day you could search for:

"How to find a unicorn that farts rainbows"

And Google results would show:

Find Books on How to find a unicorn that farts rainbows on Amazon

They also did it by racking up debt for 19 years before finally turning a profit.

They built it by spamming advertisements on Google, back in the day you could search for:

"How to find a unicorn that farts rainbows"

And Google results would show:

Find Books on How to find a unicorn that farts rainbows on Amazon

They also did it by racking up debt for 19 years before finally turning a profit.
deleted

Last edited:
They built it by spamming advertisements on Google...
You see them in your results in exchange for receiving the service provided by Google, and you know that's how Google makes its money before you go there. By your definition, TV commercials would be spam. They're not.

Amazon investors knew that business would take time to mature. They took the risk with their eyes open. I'm guessing they're pretty happy about the reward now.

I ordered a CHINS 12V 100 AH LiFePo4 battery, $375 with tax and shipping, about 10 days ago. On March 2, I was e-mailed a tracking link, which showed it picked up by UPS for shipping. There has been no further update to the status in the last week. I was getting concerned.

Then today, I got an e-mail from CHINS which informed me UPS is holding things up because some batteries from other manufacturers have caught fire and exploded. They told me the item is now scheduled to ship March 11. What they said next amazed me:

This level of customer service from a Chinese manufacturer is unexpected. Chinese companies have long seemed to care only about cutting costs to compete at a commodity-pricing level, even at the expense of repeat business. I have to wonder whether exposure to feedback such as the posts on this forum are making them wake up and realize that good experiences can elevate them above price wars.

I ordered from CHINS because of good reviews. My opinion of the company just took another major leap today.
I really appreciate your recognition and sincere evaluation of CHINS, which is a huge driving force for us to move forward. I will forward your feedback to our leaders. We will keep to produce high-quality products and provide excellent services for as many customers as possible.
You can also contact me directly if you need any help.
Best wishes
Canace

Back