diy solar

diy solar

Choice? = MPP USA 24v 2.4kW PIP: or? Growatt 24V 3kW All-in-one. also Panels?

Dinky

Dear Folks,
I am a neophyte getting ready to buy the items needed for a 24v system. Are there any benefits to MPP Usa over a Growatt all in one. The only thing I have purchased so far are 2 SOK 100a batteries. Also I was going to purchase 4 of the 100w poly panels from Rich Solar, any input on that? This is for a barn/greenhouse off grid install.
Thanks.
Kind Regards,
Steve

I've been trying to make the same decision for my system. The Growatt 24V SPF 3000TL LVM or the MPP LV2424. As neither of these units are UL listed, it seems to just be a comparison across specs and price, but I don't know anything about these units other than Will's videos:

As for the 4 Rich Solar panels, is there a reason you want to go with 12v panels vs purchasing 24v panels?

Thanks for your reply, the reason is that Will suggests these as his favored panels below each of his videos, I have not looked into 24 volt panels as of yet. Any suggestions? (I started off with planning on building a 12v system, now I am gravitating toward 24v, but I will only be powering 12v stuff at this time, but an inverter sounds useful so the gravitation to 24v system.) My knowledge has not caught up to my dreams!:) But thanks to folks on this site and WP videos the seeds are planted and hopefully will grow. Thanks again for your input!
Kind Regards,
Steve

I've been trying to make the same decision for my system. The Growatt 24V SPF 3000TL LVM or the MPP LV2424. As neither of these units are UL listed, it seems to just be a comparison across specs and price, but I don't know anything about these units other than Will's videos:

As for the 4 Rich Solar panels, is there a reason you want to go with 12v panels vs purchasing 24v panels?

See reply 1 post above to your post. Thanks!

I've been able to find used 24V panels on Facebook Market place and Craigslist at pretty good prices, nearing Santan Solar's pricing. Even if the panels don't give full output, they still run much cheaper than new 12v panels on cost per watt. I'd check them out in your area. For example, I'm currently looking at used 240w panels for 90 dollars each. I'm expecting to get around 170-190w per panel, so that's nearly half the cost of new panels.

Back