diy solar

diy solar

Choose best rack-mount lifepo4 battery

semiraue

Hi All,

I have smaller off-grid setup that I use for power all of my security cameras/routers/nvr and smaller server rack etc. in very remote location. this location has terrible mains grid and impossible to run anything continuously. Due to this, I setup this smaller off-grid solar as an initial test and it was working good so far, Victron charge controller never missed a beat. I have enough power to run most of my smaller systems from this and keep my remote access and monitoring stable.

since this is success, I'm thinking to upgrade the systems with better battery bank. Most of my equipment are 12VDC and I will skip the inverter part now. While checking most Lifepo4 models, Initially I was thinking to get 4x12v SOK brand lifepo4 batteries. but then I got to know buying server rack batteries cheaper and easy to use. My search leads me to below items

pylontech US3000C - 3.5Kwh 1100USD
SOK rack mount - 5.2Kwh 1500USD
Jakiper rack mount - 5.2kwh 1350USD
Amensolar rack mount - 5.2kwh 1410USD
MUST energy - 5.2Kwh 1010USD

These prices are directly from alibaba.com. and not included hefty shipping cost to my country (700USD+). From what I read, Pylontech is the gold standerd here. most of the other units are kind of clones of Pylontech. but there are many videos Will Prowse review SOK and Jakiper units. which seems to be a good quality.
I'm not sure about the Amensolar or Must energy batteries. I really need the best quality battery than highest energy density battery.

• Is it worth to invest money on Pylontech US3000C since it's the known best quality battery? or ok to go with other 5.2kwh batteries.?
  • I saw some videos that inside Pylontech they use pouch cell lifepo4. is that the case still ? or now they using hard shell batteries ?
  • Anyone tested how stable these batteries / BMS are ? since this will be installed in remote location which I don't have access even for months, everything controlled remotely depend on these batteries.
Some input greatly appreciated .

Sorry, no.
I have EG4.
You may want to check this out.

Back