diy solar

diy solar

Christmas Controller.

Heybob

Hi Guys, I am a79 year old with very little experience with solar and need some help please. I was given a new EPever MPPT 40amp controller at christmas, this came about because I said that I would like to expand the system I already have. I have a 200 watt folding solar panel, a 130ah Gel battery and a 20 amp PWM EPever controller. Yes, I would like to expand my system but over a period of time. My question to the forum is :- With the system mentioned can I replace my 20 amp PWM with the 40 amp MPPT controller and not do any damage to my system. As you are aware when friends give you something for christmas, the first question they ask when they see you next is " Have you put it on yet, how is it going". Thank you in advance. Heybob.

yes you can put it right in place it wont hurt anything.
it will give you ability to run more panels as you become more "addicted". Enjoy it!

Heybob, the MPPT controller may be a lot less forgiving than the PWM controller. Be sure you connect the battery to the controller BEFORE you connect the panels to the controller.

yes you can put it right in place it wont hurt anything.
it will give you ability to run more panels as you become more "addicted". Enjoy it!
Hi 2009Bounder2020, thank you for your help, I`m glad to hear I can you such a gift from my family. Regards. Heybob.

Heybob, the MPPT controller may be a lot less forgiving than the PWM controller. Be sure you connect the battery to the controller BEFORE you connect the panels to the controller.
Hi HRTKD, thank you for your post to help me. I will take your advice and connect battery to controller before connecting to the panels. Thank you for your valued help. Regards. Heybob.

Hi members, I have just purchased a MT-50 remote monitor for my portable system :- 130ah AGM battery, 200w Monocrystalline folding panels, Epever Bn series MPPT controller and temperature sensor. My question to members:- What settings on the MT-50 should I change if any, to support the system mentioned ? Thank you for reading this post. Heybob.

Back