diy solar

diy solar

Christmas light safety ;)

Daisy chain any more of those and I think you'll need to hire a structural engineer to design a load bearing support system just to handle the plugs. ?

They made a very, very bad mistake here!!! Incredible!!!!! They should have used a brown receptacle and cover so the browning of the plastic wouldn't be so evident! People just don't think these days!!!! :rolleyes:

Mostly for UK readers with our 13amp plugs but still worth a read.

Being a qualified PAT tester since the early 90s, I was trawling the internet to find a plug test card but still very hard to find since Covid and I'm still looking.

And I stumbled across this please take the time to read it though it looks like a load of techno crap and rules and regs but once you get in to it it's really interesting and goes right though the history of the 13amp plug and all the design problems they had to make it and explains how buying a cheap Chinese fake could be fatal. Even more so in a garage or workshop where there are so many things working close together like electric, water, gas, 12v, petrol or diesel and generators /engines.

So please take the time and read this though then next time you are looking for a new 13 amp plug please take a second look at it and check it more carefully, if it's cheap it's cheap for a reason it could be a fake....Christmas is coming there will be a lot of Chinese crap out there please take a good before you buy it. Stay safe.

Oh, and how many of you out there have a 13amp fuse in that 3amp lamp the fuse is there for a reason make sure it's the correct one for the job.

electrical.theiet.org/media/1485/bs_1363_socket_and_plug.pdf

Back