diy solar

diy solar

CIGS flexible panel recommendations ?

PopDBop

Hey guys. WHo's found a good value on flexible CIGS technology solar panels. The application will be mobile/portable RV/Marine and tiny home use, to support a system 6kWh system.

I've seen flex panels even on Amazon, but haven't asked to confirm if they're true CIGS panels or something else.

The "best" value option I know of is this:

Maybe one day if I have $80 to throwaway I'll get one, but hopes are not high.

Beyond that it's a wasteland so barren that sketchiness is a welcome relief.

And then there are the $260 80W panels from Rich.

That pretty much sums it up. CIGS are so niche that you can't even find knockoffs of the good stuff. If a bunch of people buy the Amazon panel it may get upgraded from "cheap" to "value". But at the moment CIGS does not seem to be an area where a true "value" option exists.

https://www.bougerv.com/products/100w-flexible-solar-panel $269 for 100W
Purchased this about 2 months ago and all I can tell is that 1). It's more durable than I thought. I can even step on it while not breaking it.
2). Its power efficiency are little higher than the other competitors when it's under shady conditions, I read on BougeRV's website that it's called wire-intensive CIGS tech. ..Well, at least it works.
Honestly these kinds of flexible panels technology didn't really grew mature, I hope BougeRV can make some further progress and then I might repurchase another one..

Back