diy solar

diy solar

Class T fuse Size for two LV6548 Controllers - with 4 48v LiFePO4 batteries

Ahh, so it’s an old apartment. Has no grounding… can you access he breaker/fuse panel? There will be a ground bus in there I think.

Yes old apartment, the breaker panel is in the first floor, if I run the wire it will cross our dining area,; it's doable but probably ugly to look at.

My inverter which is connected to the AC outlet, but the outlet has two openings only.
It must be a pretty old building.

It is a long shot, but take the cover off the outlet and see if there is a ground wire in there. If so, you could replace the outlet with a grounded outlet and ground the system that way.

One word of warning: Assuming you are in the US, the standard outlet is rated for only 15A and the 'special' outlet with one of the openings like a sideways T is only 20A.

1655225686128.png

If you have 2000W inverter, a 20A will probably be OK, but this is undersized for anything over 2400W.

It must be a pretty old building.

It is a long shot, but take the cover off the outlet and see if there is a ground wire in there. If so, you could replace the outlet with a grounded outlet and ground the system that way.

One word of warning: Assuming you are in the US, the standard outlet is rated for only 15A and the 'special' outlet with one of the openings like a sideways T is only 20A.

View attachment 98588

If you have 2000W inverter, a 20A will probably be OK, but this is undersized for anything over 2400W.

Our aircon units have sockets with 3 openings (NEMA 6-15P), but all the others have 2, so I am assuming there's really no ground, but yes I will check and probably need an electrician to do this.

I'm in the Philippines (220v) and from the breaker panel our outlets have 30A, while the lights go with 20A. My inverter is 3.5kw but I only plan to use around 2kw of that (we have a separate 1kw, 2.5kw-h portable in the first floor).

Back