Clawing back money for miss-sold "420ah" cells

Q-Dog

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Your original thread about these cells, referenced in your first post in this thread made it pretty clear no one believed the claims.

Then there are your own words.
Just to satisfy our curiosity we ordered a set of 4 cells to test.
TBH not expecting them to be anything close to their stated capacity.
If they're a scam we'll attempt to get our money back - hoping by paying by CC that will be possible.

... we'll let you know the results of our testing

Texas-Mark

Solar Addict
240AH became 420AH, an obvious typo, because to believe otherwise at that price/cell is wishful thinking. It was too good to be true so deal with the reality of the situation and move forward.
Wow, I can't believe people are defending what was obviously a deceptive scam. I guess all of the people in the group buy thread should also just accept that "It was too good to be true so deal with the reality of the situation and move forward."

noenegdod

Solar Addict
Our account was credited in full, but we had to ship the cells back at our expense. The direct monetary cost to us for this "experiment" was around £100. I'd not include time wasted because it was "educational" and interesting.
We've found that the banks (credit card companies) want to know if you've shipped the product back before they credit your account.
Has anyone been given a refund without shipping the goods back?
I had work done to the truck I am building. I had a body shop modify my doors/fenders to clear 40" tires. They did a hatchet job and it started rusting after 3 months. I contacted visa and we went through the dispute process and they returned the full price of the job. As a side note I am also going through the small claims process to recover the cost of buying new doors and extra work to re and re the new doors.

sunshine

Solar Addict
Wow, I can't believe people are defending what was obviously a deceptive scam.
I give some points to the seller for getting away with it....the other 9 buyers anyway.
Specially when the seller goes to the effort and corrects the capacity settings of the photos in the latter offerings. Even if the '4' in the 420 is slightly offset on the ones that are easily visible. I am sure the 240...or is it 260? on the other photos must be a typo!

RV10flyer

Solar Enthusiast
Except that the OP (that would be me) specifically asked the seller if there was a mistake. The seller made it very clear that ALL the cells tested out at 420ah. We asked for test results, we were assured that they would all be 420ah.
Other people have experienced the same.

How on earth can you make the judgement that I was after free cells? Your comment is totally unacceptable.
That seems to be common on here. You and I both know the truth. I’ve had two different people question my Grade B and G cell testing, knowing I had also tested 128 cells from our two Grade A suppliers on here. It wasn’t like I didn’t have other cells to compare the bad ones to and three different load testers all giving within 1 aH capacity difference.