diy solar

diy solar

Clearing Error code from MPP 1012LV

skykidnv1000

Curious
I was testing my new MPP all in one 1012LV controller to see if the overload function would work.
I assumed that from setting 23 (overload bypass) that if I enabled that, and put the unit into an overload situation it would switch to "utility" mode (provided the unit is plugged in) and carry on.
Instead - I got an error code 7 (overload) blinking on the screen and the unit isolated to just charging the battery from the solar panels. No load to appliances.
I turned the unit off and back on again, and it is supplying power to the appliances but the error code is still flashing

Any Idea's on how to clear that???

Did you try disconnect-reconnect the AC utility and battery feeding the unit?
What is your setting for the Overload Auto Restart?

Did both - my setting for the Auto Restart on overload is setting 06 which I have set to Enable
Also have setting 23 overload bypass set to enable as well

My testing was to see if the unit would revert to line mode on an overload such that I would never loose power to those appliances in an overload situation. It does not seem to work.
I was able to clear the blinking 07 on this display by creating another error - I was able to clear that by power cycling the unit, but I see the 07 has now re-appeared after about 10 min - The unit is supplying power in spite of the error

I disconnected everything again for 10 min and after re-connecting the error seems to be gone.
Still not happy about the units in-ability to respond to an overload and switch to line input power

That is interesting.
In Will Video, he tested the bypass (Utility power) function by using 1500W hair dryer and it switches to bypass mode, but he did not show if it reverts back to inverter mode when the load is reduced.

I'll keep testing - right now I'm running the system down to see if it will switch to line power once the low battery voltage setting is met. Then switch back to battery in the morning when the sun comes up and charges the battery back up a bit.
In my case I have it set to 11.5v, so I have a bunch of extra stuff running on it to see if I can run it down quicker.

Back