diy solar

diy solar

Cloud-free Sol-Ark 15K Monitoring

There's a thread here on the forum where I got this link.

I pulled some of the python code, modified as needed, and now I can get data from the sol-ark 12k via rs-485. A script runs every minute to pull data and make charts. You could pull the data much faster than on a 1 minute interval.
For someone not familiar with python, I would suggest the solar assistant product.

You cannot change it in Powerview.
Sol-Ark is releasing their own software and once the Software and AWS servers are finished being Beta tested they will supposedly be moving to 30 second updates.
Its still a cloud dependency. My system should still work when my utility pole is lying in pieces in the neighbors yard (that has happened).

Its still a cloud dependency. My system should still work when my utility pole is lying in pieces in the neighbors yard (that has happened).
It will still work and the Dongle stores 18 hours worth of info that it will dump when the Internet reconnects.
I also like realtime data so I also have Solar Assistant but while it's great for real time data I am hesitant to depend on it to keep archive data until he adds a backup system for the database. I already had one SD card fail and lost Months of Data.
Powerview still has all my Data from the first day I installed the system.

There's a thread here on the forum where I got this link.

I pulled some of the python code, modified as needed, and now I can get data from the sol-ark 12k via rs-485. A script runs every minute to pull data and make charts. You could pull the data much faster than on a 1 minute interval.
For someone not familiar with python, I would suggest the solar assistant product.
I’m happy to see my simple solution was useful to someone else. ?

I should probably re-visit it and make a few updates…

Back