diy solar

diy solar

Combiner box info

Knight315

So I have a bluetti ac200 max. I have 3 340 watt panels that are tied in series. But if one is shaded it affects my charging power. So, I'm thinking of running each panel into a combiner box, I would get the benefit of each panel operating independently. I'm just wondering how the combiner box combines the power? Is the final out put a series or parallel out put? The bluetti ac 200 max can't handle high amperage which is why I have my string in series at the moment.

Thanks

Last edited:
The combiner box will tie all in parallel. Since this exceeds the controller input amp rating it will clip the power or something worse.
Shade on parallel panels will also severely reduce output. I recommend leaving all in series.

So I have a bluetti ac200 max. I have 3 340 watt panels that are tied in series. But if one is shaded it affects my charging power. So, I'm thinking of running each panel into a combiner box, I would get the benefit of each panel operating independently. I'm just wondering how the combiner box combines the power? Is the final out put a series or parallel out put? The bluetti ac 200 max can't handle high amperage which is why I have my string in series at the moment.

Thanks
What is the full spec of the 340W panel?

AC200max Solar Input:
900W Max., VOC 10-145VDC, 15A

What is the full spec of the 340W panel?

AC200max Solar Input:
900W Max., VOC 10-145VDC, 15A
Canadian Solar 340W Solar Panel | CS1H-340MS

I'm slightly over with the wattage, but I'm told the ac200max will just ignore it. Also would have to have all 3 panels in optimum sunlight to get the full power out of them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230225-181425.png
    Screenshot_20230225-181425.png
    593.3 KB · Views: 3
Canadian Solar 340W Solar Panel | CS1H-340MS

I'm slightly over with the wattage, but I'm told the ac200max will just ignore it. Also would have to have all 3 panels in optimum sunlight to get the full power out of them.
So no way to move the panel solve the shading issue?
Running them in parallel will be worst due to 15A PV input current limit
Having all panels in parallel, the Vmp will be 36.4V, the total Imp will be 9.35A x 3 = 28.05A, but the Bluetti will limit it to 15A so you will get 36.4V x 15A = 546W.

So no way to move the panel solve the shading issue?
Running them in parallel will be worst due to 15A PV input current limit
Having all panels in parallel, the Vmp will be 36.4V, the total Imp will be 9.35A x 3 = 28.05A, but the Bluetti will limit it to 15A so you will get 36.4V x 15A = 546W.
I'll stick to running them in series and just deal with the shading (it's minimal). I was just looking to optimize the solar. Didn't know exactly how combiners combined the panels.

Back