diy solar

diy solar

Combiner box with 2 inverters. How to?

I'm pushing 720 some volts underground over to my house most sunny days so I figured DC disconnects, combiner boxes with fuse holders, grounded ground mount to ground rod in ground. Also installed MidNite Solars surge protection device on each of my two combiner boxes. I spent some money for sure but I am hoping the system is out there working for me for the next 20-25 years without a hiccup. I was able to justify spending a bit more thinking that I was installing what is now an integral part of my home electrical system. Last year I started out with leaning a few solar panels against Samsonite chairs in my back yard, and a $300 SCC from Victron and one Interstate Marine battery with a 2,000 watt AIMS inverter at 12 volts thinking that I had blown the bank. I was experimenting to see if I could get something to work when the solar bug bit me. Three months later I'm buying 32 panels, a Sol-Ark, installing a critical needs panel moving breakers to cover close to 75% of our homes power consumption. I guess it depends on what level of a project you're into when it comes to price points and of course what you have budgeted for. I go low price on some things, like a cheap brand of hammer drill I have used like once a year since I got it.

Back