diy solar

diy solar

Combing Gyll 24v - 48v batteries

Wogen06

Basic question, I currently have 4 Gyll 24v 200Ah batteries, 2 in series to make 48v for my system. My question is if anyone has combined/mixed in the same battery bank 24v - 200Ah and 48v - 100Ah batteries and had any issues with the batteries BMS talking to each other, charging, discharging, etc.? Or should I be matching Amp hours of 200Ah in the new 48v batteries I'm planning to purchase so that it matches Volts and Amps of everything connected to the bus bar? Thanks

Basic question, I currently have 4 Gyll 24v 200Ah batteries, 2 in series to make 48v for my system. My question is if anyone has combined/mixed in the same battery bank 24v - 200Ah and 48v - 100Ah batteries and had any issues with the batteries BMS talking to each other, charging, discharging, etc.? Or should I be matching Amp hours of 200Ah in the new 48v batteries I'm planning to purchase so that it matches Volts and Amps of everything connected to the bus bar? Thanks
I was wondering the same. I bought some of the 24s to put in series as there was back ordered 48s. I would of rather did 48s but didn't want to wait months.. you would think the bms would stop the discharge of a lower ah battery. But then again they may regulate with volts? Be nice for someone to test lol.

Back