diy solar

diy solar

combining different watts of panels

I do not believe they make 1000w solar panels. Nor 1500w ones. The largest I could find was 670w from Trina. 500w are commercially available.

Provide actual specifications of the panels you want to combine.

When you combine different panels you need to pay attention to the volts and amps.

For serial you add the voltage and use the lowest amps,

For parallel you add the amps and use the lowest volts.

Because you use the “lowest” you can have situations where the watts you add are not very efficient.

Good Luck

When you combine different panels you need to pay attention to the volts and amps.

For serial you add the voltage and use the lowest amps,

For parallel you add the amps and use the lowest volts.

Because you use the “lowest” you can have situations where the watts you add are not very efficient.

Good Luck
should I only use the 1000 watt and not the 1500? I am totally ignorant of all this

should I only use the 1000 watt and not the 1500? I am totally ignorant of all this
I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Your question can not be answered because you are not giving real specifications. It is akin to asking what type of gasoline to put into your Tesla. Panels should have on the back of them a specifications label. It should provide you with information you need to know to decide how it can be setup.

Likely it will be under 300w per panel.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Your question can not be answered because you are not giving real specifications. It is akin to asking what type of gasoline to put into your Tesla. Panels should have on the back of them a specifications label. It should provide you with information you need to know to decide how it can be setup.

Likely it will be under 300w per panel.

Attachments

• 100_4140.JPG
    100_4140.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 26
I might be wrong, but the label says they are 340 watt panels.

I see the 1500 comes from 1500 max DC volts.

Per printed spec on the back of the panel, it is 340W panel.
So where are the 1000W and 1500W panels that the guy sold you?

... So where are the 1000W and 1500W panels that the guy sold you?

If you see something purportedly from me for sale it is a scam and my account is being used without my knowledge. I do not sell things...

Maybe he bought them off ebay from a chap called Mattb4 ;) You would have thought he'd cross out the 340.0Wp and replace it with 1500Wp in crayon first though ?

@froggy Thanks for posting the image of at least 1 of the panels specification labels. It is for a 340w panel.
Based on this and your other Thread of "Where to start" it becomes fairly obvious that you lack the necessary skill set to be able to make use of what you bought. Nothing wrong with that if you could get someone local to help you with setting everything up but if you do not have that you should simply return the panels. If that is not possible I suggest putting them up for sale with the actual specifications (from the labels on the panels).

Sorry that I can not be of more help.

Please share pictures of the front and back of the panels, be careful I imagine 1000 watt panels weighs well over 100 lbs.

Per printed spec on the back of the panel, it is 340W panel.
So where are the 1000W and 1500W panels that the guy sold you?
looks like I got taken from not knowing, are these useable?

Attachments

• 100_4140.JPG
    100_4140.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 8
looks like I got taken from not knowing, are these useable?
So that is one of the 5 '1000W' panels you bought, correct?
How about the 6th one, 1500W, panel you also bought? What is the spec of that one?

looks like I got taken from not knowing,
That would depend on the price you paid and if the panels are in good functioning condition
are these useable?
Probably. There are guides on there to test the open circuit voltage and short circuit current to test the basics on those panels.

It looks like you posted the same spec sheet twice. Can you post the other spec sheet?
And the quantity of each type of panel?

What's your goal for these panels? Grid tie and power a house? Roof a motor home?

Back