Combo box for RV (MPPT/Invert/Shore Power Charge/DC>DC/12v&240v Output

dominoconsultant

I really liked the recent video about the simple system with the growatt box and the LI battery and the price was really good.

I think my use case would be quite common in that I'm full time in an RV and one key system requirement is 12v output. I don't see this discussed much.

So what I'm looking for is a combo box that does the MPPT/Inverter/240v Shore Power Charge/DC>DC/12v&240v Output. I'm not too fussed about how many volts the battery store is although I'm thinking 48v seems best. I just need to be able to get the 12v out for a multitude of devices.

Please treat me like a noob if this is a noob question.

Mike in Australia

FilterGuy

What, me worry?
I am not aware of an all-in-one that has that much 'all' to it.

To get what you want would probably need the following components:
  • All in one with:
    • PV input
    • Battery input
    • shore power input
    • 240V out.
  • DC-DC charger for alternator charging
  • DC-DC buck converter for 12V
  • Batteries

K8MEJ

Solar Addict
To add to what Filterguy said, take a look at this Victron link. Add an Orion-Tr Smart non-isolated DC-DC charger (if you charge via alternator) and one of these to go from 24v to 12v. Victron does have 48v to 12v DC-DC converters, but you'll need to use multiple smaller ones to power your larger 12v loads. There is a hole in Victron's product line for higher power 48v --> 12v converters.

Hopefully others will respond with options other than Victron.

grizzzman

Some say "Why" and some say "Why not?"
Just make sure your DC to DC buck converter can handle the loads of your system.