diy solar

diy solar

Commercial panels-bad idea?

Bluedog225

Texas
I’m looking at some craigslist panels. Specifically, the LG415N2W-L5/V5.

The Solaris website lists them but says that the warranty will be voided on residential installations.

Can anyone think of a reason for this? I like the LG brand/quality and they look compatible with the IQ8. But don’t want to make a dumb mistake.

Thanks

LG SOLAR 415W MONO SOLAR PANEL - NEON2 - LG415N2W-L5
LG NeON 2, 415w 72 cell L5 40mm Silver frame, ***For Commercial projects only (Warranty will be voided for residential installations)***, LG415N2W-L5
The LG NeON 2 is LG’s best selling solar module, and is one of the most powerful and versatile modules on the market today. Featuring LG’s Cello Technology, the LG NeON 2 increases power output. New updates include an extended performance warranty to 90.08% to give customers higher performance and reliability.
Features
  • Enhanced Performance Warranty

I’m looking at some craigslist panels
Solaris website lists them but says that the warranty will be voided on residential installations.
the warranty on Craigslist panels is probably already not there anyway. Somebody bought many many pallets or truckload for a big project cuz they’re inexpensive that way, now they’re recouping some upfront.
The price is likely very low/watt and THAT makes them better than a warranty you’ll probably never think about for 20+ years

Agreed. I can’t imagine a reason that the manufacturer would go out of their way to void the warranty though. I wonder if there is some consideration to be aware of.

wonder if there is some consideration to be aware of.
The havoc the average diy-ers can cause or their misunderstanding of electrical with so many bogus ‘warranty’ claims I’d imagine is what they want to avoid

Back