diy solar

diy solar

Commifornia (California), no more than 20KWh of Tesla modules's comrades

Time for OP to get out of CA. Go to the land of the free in WY or TX.
Life is too short to live in a place and throw so much hate.
I have a brother who moved to Wyoming, he loves it, he had -32 degree temps this winter, too cold for me. He built an off grid solar house in California and also built one in another country, his Wyoming house is just on the grid because his power is very cheap.

I have a brother who moved to Wyoming, he loves it, he had -32 degree temps this winter, too cold for me. He built an off grid solar house in California and also built one in another country, his Wyoming house is just on the grid because his power is very cheap.
I don’t even know where that place is
My gut tells me it’s like Manitoba sounds cold enough at any rate….

I’m good it doesn’t get that god forsaken cold here in my snow fort

I don’t even know where that place is
My gut tells me it’s like Manitoba sounds cold enough at any rate….

I’m good it doesn’t get that god forsaken cold here in my snow fort
He is up in the north east corner of Wyoming. I saw -45 degrees in Northern Minnesota, where I live now we can hit 0 but that is rare, It has been a few years since I have seen much below 20 degrees Fahrenheit.

Reactions: DPC
He is up in the north east corner of Wyoming. I saw -45 degrees in Northern Minnesota, where I live now we can hit 0 but that is rare, It has been a few years since I have seen much below 20 degrees Fahrenheit.
I know where that is
The place with the last whale back laker…
Been there nice people…
Fish boils, firework in July and very cheap beer ( but mostly water you get what you pay for )

Seal the borders
Keep the hoople heads out whilst ye can
Bloody cold though

Keep an eye out on this if it applies to you…

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/4727526/

Looks like us Tesla module owners are classified under the ‘other’ type In this table, or do we count under the 200KWh classification above it?
Tesla modules are not UL listed so NEC 2020 may be an issue for you if it has become effective in your jurisdiction. That table is from a 2019 Fire Code, which may have been updated or superseded by NEC 2020.
That was also a two and half year old post of me mine on that forum and things have surely changed. Some for the better and a few jurisdictions for the worse. With NEM 3.0 around the corner and incentivizing batteries I am sure this will get clarified in the future. It is still a local decision on how to interpret or modify code.
For some of those reasons I have chosen to go "behind the meter" with a DIY installation.
Recently I read that my home may be now classified as a fire risk zone. If that is the case I may be eligible for SGIP funding for a battery system. I could do that without jeopardizing my NEM 2.0 GT installation. I will have to take a look when the next SGIP funding round takes place in June.

Tesla modules are not UL listed so NEC 2020 may be an issue for you if it has become effective in your jurisdiction. That table is from a 2019 Fire Code, which may have been updated or superseded by NEC 2020.
That was also a two and half year old post of me mine on that forum and things have surely changed. Some for the better and a few jurisdictions for the worse. With NEM 3.0 around the corner and incentivizing batteries I am sure this will get clarified in the future. It is still a local decision on how to interpret or modify code.
For some of those reasons I have chosen to go "behind the meter" with a DIY installation.
Recently I read that my home may be now classified as a fire risk zone. If that is the case I may be eligible for SGIP funding for a battery system. I could do that without jeopardizing my NEM 2.0 GT installation. I will have to take a look when the next SGIP funding round takes place in June.
Thanks for the feedback, the small county I"m in is still using code from years ago but I'm not worried about it for the same reasons you aren't. :) As a matter of fact, they're just now holding meetings to see if we should move up from the 2012 code and start using the 2018 code.. LOL

1675837296561.png

Back