diy solar

diy solar

Commonly used Forum Acronyms & Abbreviations

Who is taking the blame on that one?

Blame take I
5e32f28862fa8128d60664b3

V - Volts, a measure of electrical force.
I'm late to this party but just a comment.

Voltage is not a force. It's a measure of electrical potential, specifically the energy potential per unit charge.

The relevant unit, Volt, is defined as joules/coulomb.

Force has its own SI unit, the Newton, which is joules/metre.

Voltage (joules/coulomb) is not the same as Force (joules/metre).

AIC - "Amps Interrupting Capability" the maximum fault current a fuse or breaker is rated to interrupt (rather than continuing to arc.)

How about FET, and C ?
FET is covered with (MOS)FET, but C isn't there.
Sadly, the OP is at the maximum post length, so something has to come out for something else to go in.

Sadly, the OP is at the maximum post length, so something has to come out for something else to go in.
Is there a way to split it into two posts? A-L and M-Z?

Or create a new thread with split posts. Then lock this thread and replace the first post with a link to the new thread?

Repurpose OP's second post (#7) to contain M-Z

CCoulomb
C-Rate(Dis)Charges per hour
C was entered the other day, courtesy of Johannlog. C-Rate isn't in, so I'll add it...but just an FYI your definition is off a bit.

Update: just realized C can also be used for C-Rate... guess I should add that too....

Last edited:
Really? isn't Business to Business a more common use for that acronym?
Many acronyms and abbreviations have multiple meanings depending on the context, that's how I was able to make enough money to retire from this acronym page. Well, okay... not really. :cry:

m : Metre: a funny unit if measure used outside of Homeland. ?
Please don't make fun of the metric system or those people that are brought up with it and forced to use it by people who think they're smarter than thousands of years of human measurement evolution. They all think it's great anyway, they don't realize how inefficient the system is for normal people and we shouldn't rub it in. Metric is so weak it doesn't even have units for time, they had to borrow from the Imperial system. It's not people-friendly, it's computer-friendly. People tend to think in analog with fractions and metric doesn't place nice with fractions (e.g., what's 1/6th of a meter in centimeters?), those are hard to figure out as it has a base of 10 which is only evenly divisible by 2 and 5. A base of 12 is divisible by 2,3,4 and 6, making a far superior choice for human measuring and thinking as you work with small whole members (great for human brains). Same for cooking, Imperial offers teaspoon, tablespoon, ounce, cup, pint, quart and gallon. Metric offers liters and divisions of liters. ;)

Back