diy solar

diy solar

Commonly used Forum Acronyms & Abbreviations

From @offgriddle's post... I know you meant the search engine... but I've heard DDG in this vein... but if I'm wrong let me know.
  • DDG - From the children's game of Duck Duck Goose, typically applied when fixing one thing breaks another.
If it's not common enough we can delete it. Probably should, I don't think I've seen it used here.

Update: Yeah, deleted it...

I have heard of the game, but never in this context.
C22 or CCE for catch22 or cascade effect I have heard... same meaning as your DDG...

BTU - British Thermal Units

In HVAC that’s Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning, the term is set to a time output, so it would be BTUH for British thermal units per hour...
a 100,000BTUH furnace... or a 24,000btuh AC...

Supervstech
and
svetz
That's all good, just spitting them out so if you do add or not, NO PROBLEMO
Thinking for the newbies or the have no clue people.
BTU I found in a converter when playing, converting Kw.
Nm was a typo any way "nM" it at some stage may be used when talking "how tight do i tighten that bolt RE 4nM"

Sleeping on it I have;

DMM - Digital Multi Meter - I have used that one
DSO - Digital Storage Oscilloscope **EDIT (Scope)** - have't seen it but may be used...

**EDIT**
HV - High volt
LV - Low Volt
ELV - Extra Low Volt

Thank you.

**EDIT Update**

UPS - Uninterruptible Power Supply

Last edited:
HV - High volt
LV - Low Volt
ELV - Extra Low Volt
Well how about that! I knew LV was less than 50V, but didn't realize outside the US it meant < 1000V. And I always thought ELV meant less than 15v. Glad I looked that one up!

Last edited:
Well how about that! I knew LV was less than 50V, but didn't realize outside the US it meant < 1000V. And I always thought ELV meant less than 15v. Glad I looked that one up!
There is EHV - Extra High Voltage at 345 > 765 kV, it's not for this list of acronyms ⚡...

Hate to think what a DIYer would be doing with those sorts of volts? Flux capacitor for a time machine? Nah, that was 1.21 GV.

Hate to think what a DIYer would be doing with those sorts of volts? Flux capacitor for a time machine? Nah, that was 1.21 GV.
The Oak Ridge National Laboratory (in the US) produced the highest ever at 25.5MV (Million Volts).
What a DIYer would be doing with that ⚡ ⚡ ⚡ ⚡ ⚡ ⚡

Courtesy of @L-P-G added:
  • YMMV - Your mileage may vary; means that you can expect similar, but not the same results.

Back