diy solar

diy solar

Commonly used Forum Acronyms & Abbreviations

An entry for all of those series/parallel notations:

3S, 2S4P, 4S2P, 2S2P, etc - Shorthand notation for series/parallel connections.

Does anyone know a good link that describes those notations and goes into the results of those connections?

First number/letter combination determines which way the individual cells are arranged, second combo describes the pack.
So, 4s2p would be two parallel sets of 4s cells.
2p4s would be 1 battery comprised of parallel paired cells arranged in a 4s bank.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I understand what the notation means. I'm proposing a new entry for the main acronym list for those that don't. The second line of my previous post could be the new entry with the addition of a link so a good resource that explains the notation. I just couldn't find a good link to add to the entry.

I am not sure how to put that into the list... it isn’t an acronym... and it would be different for each type of battery... 2000P16S etc...

I am not sure how to put that into the list... it isn’t an acronym... and it would be different for each type of battery... 2000P16S etc...

Just add the line:
3S, 2S4P, 4S2P, 2S2P, etc. - Shorthand notation for series/parallel connections. <link here to good explanation>

as the first entry (since it starts with a number). We just need a good link to a good description. And it's not specific to batteries. It could apply to solar panels too.

Actually, I'm going to split hairs a little bit here. Nearly every one of these are not acronyms, they are abbreviations. An acronym is an abbreviation that can be spoken as a word. Examples of abbreviations that are acronyms are: NASA, SCUBA, FUBAR.
I'm new here and have just been sucking up information and until now, this is the only thing I can contribute.

Actually, I'm going to split hairs a little bit here. Nearly every one of these are not acronyms, they are abbreviations. An acronym is an abbreviation that can be spoken as a word. Examples of abbreviations that are acronyms are: NASA, SCUBA, FUBAR.
I'm new here and have just been sucking up information and until now, this is the only thing I can contribute.

I prefer the Merriam-Webster definition, which doesn't require the acronym to be spoken as a word.
Acronym - a word (such as NATO, radar, or laser) formed from the initial letter or letters of each of the successive parts or major parts of a compound term

I prefer the Merriam-Webster definition, which doesn't require the acronym to be spoken as a word.
Acronym - a word (such as NATO, radar, or laser) formed from the initial letter or letters of each of the successive parts or major parts of a compound term
Actually... your Webster definition states it is a word... words are spoken.

This one needs some help:

• CYA - Covering Your Anatomy, actions taken so a person doesn't the take blame for something.
Should be:
  • CYA - Covering Your Anatomy, actions taken so a person doesn't take the blame for something.

This one needs some help:

• CYA - Covering Your Anatomy, actions taken so a person doesn't the take blame for something.
Should be:
  • CYA - Covering Your Anatomy, actions taken so a person doesn't take the blame for something.
Who is taking the blame on that one?

Back