diy solar

diy solar

Companies that install YOUR solar panels...

gfmucci

How common is it for solar companies to install your own panels on your roof and cable them for future emergency connection to your Eco Flow Delta or other solar generator? Are such installers hard to find? I haven't looked yet. Or do they more typically prefer to install their own systems? And no, at my age I'm not doing it.

I am in a similar situation. Just today I contacted a company who agreed to do it, but at a price that was more than the entire cost of all of my batteries and other equipment. Needless to say, I will continue looking for alternatives.
If I can gain a good understanding of the parts required, and how it all works, I wonder if a good roofer or handyman could do the install?

Considering most solar installers make a good markup on selling the panels, or doing some type of lease arrangement, I can see why most won't want to just install what you have. Also, they likely have the brackets, mounts, and knowledge to install their panels. Who knows what the customer has.

I would do the same thing when wrenching on cars. Customer brings in their own part, and the labor charge goes up and because now I have to deal with trying to install the wrong part, broken part, or it missing bits of it. It has to be worth my time to install that junkyard pulled starter that "should fit and work".

Do a ground mount then if possible. Some home depot and grainger supply parts, and you can build your own( or have a friend or family member help) snap-n-rack type system.

Do a ground mount then if possible. Some home depot and grainger supply parts, and you can build your own( or have a friend or family member help) snap-n-rack type system.
Yep. I like using Unistrut for this. It's available all over the place and they make a full assortment of brackets to do what you want with it.

Unfortunately, a ground mount is out for me. The yard is too small, and the tree is too big. Plus my roof is the perfect direction and angle for PV panels. After I talk with the code officer in town, maybe that will give me some other ideas.
I do like the Unistrut idea!

There are reputed companies in Australia like Solar Power Nation who can help you with the installation.

They have a tie-up with many companies that you can choose from, right from the one that meets your requirements and budget. Plus they also have viable finance options that you can choose from. Since the STCs will be reducing soon, if you want to go solar, the right time is now.

Solar Power Nation has a team of experts who can also guide you on what type of solar panels are needed for your residence or offices once you share your requirements with them.

If you buy the mounting hardware and electrical connectors, I would think that a local roofer might show some interest. It could be a good way for them to get experience in the market without jumping in with both feet.

Good luck. I could not even get messages back from roofing companies when I wanted help doing mine. I bribed a friend to help.

The Ironridge stuff was stupid simple to put up. Hardest part was the first row as we were figuring things out. Get someone to help you - find a handyman or something if needed. Hire them to be your assistant - that way they don't have to be worried about legalities.

Back