diy solar

diy solar

Compatibility of SOK 206ah battery with a SOK 100ah

Rhodeisland

I have 400 w solar panels that charge a SOK 206 ah Lith. Battery. Can I add a SOK 100ah battery to my batterie bank

Technically, yes. However, it's always recommended to construct a bank of parallel batteries with the same capacity.

Important to connect them using best practices. Heavy interconnects between the batteries and you use the main (+) on one battery and the main (-) on the other for your charge/load connections.

1643118720973.png

So it will work? going to an area that has frequent rain. Worried about not having enough sun to charge my house battery.
would it be better to have a dc to dc charger. Wonder if the stock alternator would be enough to do this.

when you say technology will work. Is there any danger to doing it. Assuming I wire the two together with the proper cable size

So it will work?

Technically, yes. You may wear out one battery prematurely due to one bearing more than their fair share of the current.

going to an area that has frequent rain. Worried about not having enough sun to charge my house battery.
would it be better to have a dc to dc charger.

Probably.

Wonder if the stock alternator would be enough to do this.

With a DC-DC, you can limit the strain on the alternator.

Here is a video that is exactly on point:

This is the video that peeked my interest about adding different ah batteries in parallel.
As long as voltage are the same will work?
Even if you have multiple bms's??
I'm in same boat. Have 206ah SOK and wondering if I could add some 100ah in parallel!

Back