diy solar

diy solar

Complete noob. Yep, another DC solar trailer question

No problem using hygrometer or adding distilled water while running.
Just don't short any terminals. Besides metal blast, sparks around bubbling batteries would be really bad.
Not that I expect much bubbling from such a small PV array.

No problem using hygrometer or adding distilled water while running.
Just don't short any terminals. Besides metal blast, sparks around bubbling batteries would be really bad.
Not that I expect much bubbling from such a small PV array.
Bought three gallons of distilled water thinking it would last me quite some time, lol how I was so wrong!

I have made it four bays or rows of the single cells counting from the rear end of the trailer and I'm already out of water.

I filled until I was approximately a quarter inch from the top. I'm hoping that is the correct amount? Not too little and not too much?

Lastly I kind of had the scare of a lifetime because on the 4th row a little water spilled from the container and didn't make it into the cell and I started hearing fizzing and bubbling and got a horrendous odor and thought my battery was smoking. immediately checked online..... I hope And pray I'm okay?

Only log I seemed to be able to access I believe is the first picture. I did finally figure out where the date and time was and I believe I have that adjusted now. So please forgive the 2012 date!

I apparently came too late to the property to see what the KW was for the day?

Unit has been sitting charging for approximately 2 days with the refrigerator on, internet on, a handful of those little parasitic charger adapters for phones and laptops..

Bought three gallons of distilled water thinking it would last me quite some time, lol how I was so wrong!

I have made it four bays or rows of the single cells counting from the rear end of the trailer and I'm already out of water.
yep
And be ready to check/re-fill this every month.

I filled until I was approximately a quarter inch from the top. I'm hoping that is the correct amount? Not too little and not too much?
If you google the part number of your battery you should be able to find a manual.
Never guess ;-)
Lastly I kind of had the scare of a lifetime because on the 4th row a little water spilled from the container and didn't make it into the cell and I started hearing fizzing and bubbling and got a horrendous odor and thought my battery was smoking. immediately checked online..... I hope And pray I'm okay?
I had that when I hosed off the panels above and the water hit the top of the batteries.
NG [TM]

This photo says it all.
Your charge controller put 4.8 kWh into the battery and it finally went into resting mode
bulk -> float -> rest
What was on during the day?
The 2 Islands?
Any usage in your RV?
Any idea?
Too much going on for me to keep accurate logs at the moment of anything I'm doing, solar-related or otherwise unfortunately. Best recollection is this was around 7:00 p.m. at night after approximately 2 days of me not being on the property. The entire DC solar unit was left on, the RV had the refrigerator running, and several of those parasitic devices, AKA phone chargers, to alarm clocks And I believe that's about it

Is the guy parting out the traer selling the sunny islands. I need 2 more, but the prices have gotten stupid

Is the guy parting out the traer selling the sunny islands. I need 2 more, but the prices have gotten stupid
Unfortunately no he's not, he's got one of the midnight solar classic on hold for me but that's it

Back