diy solar

diy solar

Conceptual drawing

I'm guessing you have a big boat?

I've got a small 32' and I'm researching this non stop to figure out what route I'm going so i cant help too much.... but, it appears you're only charging off the AC side, why not the DC side?

Also, for me (the dummy) it was hard to follow (small and not too clear)

I'm looking forward to better answers!

Sorry for the small hard to read stuff. I just drew this up while I was at work.. no DC charging only in this concept drawing. I didn't get to any of that yet. Working one side at a time. Its a 40ft boat with lots of galley needs to keep the Mrs happy. Lol

Hi!

Why 4 inverters? Only need one, max 2 for dual strings.
And also with 14Kwh of power its not that long of grid.

What do you want to power?

Wanted more charging amp. Victron 24/3000/70 each for a total of 280amps max charging
Wow. Yea kind of nice to charge in just two hours. What kind of Battery are you buying? The only one I can find must be the FuelZero.
The maximum charge current for them are 25 each so you will be just on the edge there. Or have I missed something?

Wow. Yea kind of nice to charge in just two hours. What kind of Battery are you buying? The only one I can find must be the FuelZero.
The maximum charge current for them are 25 each so you will be just on the edge there. Or have I missed something?
Battle Born

Ok after doing some research and consulting Jeff Cote running the generator through the isolation transformers is pointless so that will be a No Go

Back