diy solar

diy solar

Condo living suggestions

Raven561

Hello Group
I am new to solar and wondering about suggestions for condo living. I live in a small condo on the Florida beach thus obviously mounting panels is out. I am waiting for an Ecoflo Max (2000) and x2 220w bifacial panels to be delivered. It is a one bedroom and I have limited room In 2006 a hurricane left me without power for 2 weeks (I have stayed for every hurricane thus have experienced several days down) Although no fun it was a major learning experience and am grateful. By the 3rd day it becomes clear what is important and what not to do thus am thankful (in retrospect).
Can anyone in the forum offer tips or tricks to my situation? I have exhausted YouTube and the like. Will Powers is by far the most helpful online. Thank you Will.

Welcome aboard @Raven561 -- In our condo we have a solar generator, the Bluetti AC200 Max. It is plugged into the wall and stays that way, plugged in and fully charged. When the power drops which it does once or twice a month for 12-24 hour stretches, we plug in the fridge and power some lights, and laptops.

We also have some panels, the 100-watt Thunderbolt Solar panels that Harbor Freight sells. These are our camping panels and we set them out on the 2nd floor deck of our condo.

Back