diy solar

diy solar

Condo small shed setup... contemplations.

Supervstech

Administrator
Staff member
I have gotten permission from the HOA to submit my plans for installing solar on my condo.

I am thinking I can fit 8000watts on my south facing roof, and setup the battery’s and inverter in the attached outbuilding.

My house loads sub panel is in there, and there is an old carrier wall mounted AC condenser unused in the wall, I can gut out, and convert into a metal enclosure to house batteries for backup storage. The main setup will be grid tied, with automatic switchover to battery when the grid goes down.

I plan to use Satelite google images of the roof, overlay panel layout, digital images of my conduit and inverter installs.

Has anyone on here tried to submit HOA approval plans?

I have gotten permission from the HOA to submit my plans for installing solar on my condo.

I am thinking I can fit 8000watts on my south facing roof, and setup the battery’s and inverter in the attached outbuilding.

My house loads sub panel is in there, and there is an old carrier wall mounted AC condenser unused in the wall, I can gut out, and convert into a metal enclosure to house batteries for backup storage. The main setup will be grid tied, with automatic switchover to battery when the grid goes down.

I plan to use Satelite google images of the roof, overlay panel layout, digital images of my conduit and inverter installs.

Has anyone on here tried to submit HOA approval plans?

I have some experience with a local HOA here in central PA, but they all have their own thing they do when creating rules...
However you can create a very professional looking design by using Helioscope... they offer a free trial and you get a shading tool, single line diagram and all the features of their site.....Good Luck

Back