diy solar

diy solar

Conext Sw 4024 fried?

Redwoodjungle

Conext Sw 4024 no power. Off-grid, turned on invert enable has green light no humm of transformer. Eight seconds later red light on 2sec later off, 8 seconds later off. Batteries at 25.2v cold overnight. 30v -25.2 everyday. Outback 80a cc. Deep cycle fla 115ah. No smoke or smells little use really ever.

No help from schneider they told me to toss it and buy another one. I like this inverter, aside from its idle power consumption, it's amazing. Bought it because it was supposed to be repairable in field and serviceable like outback 3600s are. They did just tell me on the phone that they don't touch them so they lied. Also said that you can't get parts another lie. Ugg. 1500$ brick ?!? Never really used it... Got 10 years out of an exeltech 1100, dang scheinder. I need my freezer and lights I need tools. I am about to get a spf 3000lt lvm es but it looks like china junk and no customer service phone number or address or anything that's worse. It seams cheap and looks cheap I need power now...new xw or fix sw or growatt lvm or lvm es.

Why no transformer noise on Sw 4024? Why no power from dc to ac? Why won't it invert? Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks for your time and thoughts, have a great day.

Did you open it up and inspect the inside of the unit yet?
"Never really used it." So you hardly use it and it just went out on its own?
Same unit on the other thread?

Last edited:
hmmm? 115 a.h. deep cycle??? sounds like a dual purpose starting pretend deep cycle.....way too small battery for an iron core low frequency inverter....my MagnaSine MS4024AE reccomends 400 a.h. true deep cycle ( no cold cranking amps rated fake pretend deep cycle) I use Rolls Surette S-530 true deep cycle with 426 a.h. with no issues at all. These units are very sensitive to voltage droop at startup. Rated current at full power is about 180 to 200 amps at start up....way too big for batteries with c.c.a. ratings.

Time to break out a decent dvm and check battery voltage droop at start up

Really dont post all over...you may get better response.....just saying

Did you open it up and inspect the inside of the unit yet?
"Never really used it." So you hardly use it and it just went out on its own?
Same unit on the other thread?
No I've never opened it. Yes that is correct. Yes went out in off position. Won't invert total junk pile horrible customer support, terrible company. Don't buy Schneider stuff anymore, they are no longer helpful to normal end users.

hmmm? 115 a.h. deep cycle??? sounds like a dual purpose starting pretend deep cycle.....way too small battery for an iron core low frequency inverter....my MagnaSine MS4024AE reccomends 400 a.h. true deep cycle ( no cold cranking amps rated fake pretend deep cycle) I use Rolls Surette S-530 true deep cycle with 426 a.h. with no issues at all. These units are very sensitive to voltage droop at startup. Rated current at full power is about 180 to 200 amps at start up....way too big for batteries with c.c.a. ratings.

Time to break out a decent dvm and check battery voltage droop at start up

Really dont post all over...you may get better response.....just saying
Very funny, no kidding. Lol, I have pallets of old deep cycles, decades of dummm, dozens of strings. Inverter is not throwing lvd! It doesn't start up so there IS no voltage drop, aka sag...if u read post mentions no start so there is no sag or drop. No amps, no load, no ac out, no humm from transformer period ever...Giant pile of low frequency garbage, 80 lbs of junk stuck on my wall screaming scrap me!?! Schneider is really unhelpful. Unless, of course, you are installing, period! Even cheaper junk like new all in ones would throw you a code or provide user interface with the issue or issues at hand...who wants this thing? Who really would want to be in this situation? There is no proper solution or resolution for that matter. It's business plain and simple, spend more money to spend more money and make sure you give it to us again and again.

Customer support is why I did not consider Schneider, chose different vendor that had customer support. Unfortunately Schneider decided not to support end users, only registered installers.

Open it up, it might be something simple or obvious.

There are places that repair inverters.. use google. There's even some guy on youtube who makes videos about it.

Back