diy solar

diy solar

Configurating my hybrid charge controller for CALB LIFEPO4

Absentrush

Hi all,
I have a hybrid inverter charger as per pics. It does not have specific settings for my 24v (8x3.2v) LiFePo4 batteries, only for AGM AND FLOATING, but does have a user defined setting. This enables me to set a BULK/CV CHARGE and FLOAT with no absorption charge or timer. The defaults on the charger are 28.2v Bulk charge and the float is 27.0v. According to my Chinese controller seller, he told me to set my bulk and float at the whopping 29.2v EACH! This I believe, will screw my batteries life up long term. There is no way to turn off the float charge and it appears to charge up to the bulk charge and slowly drift back down to the float. Can anyone give me SOUND ADVICE in these settings? Pics are attached of my batteries and my controller

Attachments

• Calb-Se200ah-Prismatic-Cells-200ah-Car-Conversion-Kit-Battery-Pack-Solution-for-Electric-Vehicle.jpg
    Calb-Se200ah-Prismatic-Cells-200ah-Car-Conversion-Kit-Battery-Pack-Solution-for-Electric-Vehicle.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG20210621070428.jpg
    IMG20210621070428.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 15
I have same CALB cells in a 24v bank, limit bulk voltage to 3.5v\cell = 28v, this will charge them to 99%, charger should then switch to a lower voltage of 3.35 - 3.38 V/cell.
With a load on the system the voltage will reduce and load will be taken up by the charger, batteries will still be at 97% charge level and hold there until the charger runs out of input from your PV array.

Cheers
Mike

Thanks Mike. The presets on my controller seem about right then :) It's the float charge thing that is bugging me. These batteries don't need a float charge so I'm at odds with myself to set this correctly.

Thanks Mike. The presets on my controller seem about right then :) It's the float charge thing that is bugging me. These batteries don't need a float charge so I'm at odds with myself to set this correctly.
If the "Float" voltage from your charger is set at the batteries normal rest voltage (3.38 per cell) then they wont accept any charge, BUT when a load is placed across the bank, their resting voltage will drop a bit - the charger supplies the load in this instance.

Hi all,
I have a hybrid inverter charger as per pics. It does not have specific settings for my 24v (8x3.2v) LiFePo4 batteries, only for AGM AND FLOATING, but does have a user defined setting. This enables me to set a BULK/CV CHARGE and FLOAT with no absorption charge or timer. The defaults on the charger are 28.2v Bulk charge and the float is 27.0v. According to my Chinese controller seller, he told me to set my bulk and float at the whopping 29.2v EACH! This I believe, will screw my batteries life up long term. There is no way to turn off the float charge and it appears to charge up to the bulk charge and slowly drift back down to the float. Can anyone give me SOUND ADVICE in these settings? Pics are attached of my batteries and my controller
Watch off grid garage on youtube

Back