diy solar

diy solar

Configuring panels for my inverter

is it better to use 7 panels x 2? this will give 347v and 7630w . This could be ideal for volts but is this over for watts?

The place i live in Lebanon varies between 35c max in summer and goes down max to -4c in winter

Below are the specs of inverter and PV

6x2 or 7x2?

1646801146821.png

1646801114863.png

That's pretty good.
More wattage is better.
The mppt can curtail the overage on very sunny days.
And you will get better performance on cloudy days.

is it better to use 7 panels x 2? this will give 347v and 7630w . This could be ideal for volts but is this over for watts?
I dunno. If you want more power, then 7S2P is bigger than 6S2P. I cannot say if one is better (more efficient being better?). Both will work just fine.

With 2 strings, you can lengthen the charging day by pointing one string eastish and one string westish. May be handy, purely optional.

Voc temp compensation (certainly fine but i cannot resist a chance to do the math):

7S x 49.65Voc = 348Voc

temp coefficient (typical ~.35% per deg C change below 25C)

29 deg C delta

348V x 29 x .0035 = 35V increase at -4C

Still way below your 450V limit

When configuring 2 strings in parallel, what happens if 1 of the panels gets damaged during operation? how other panels behave and how inverter behaves? does it impact or damage other panels?

Even a -9°C low for an 8S string is 396.8Voc*34*.0035=47.2Vrise+396.8=444V. You have to get past a -13°C low before you get above the rated limit. More than good enough if you've got a quality SCC, which should have a bit of leeway so you can hit the limit and it will work as expected, not blow up if the setup isn't perfect at the limit.

Even a -9°C low for an 8S string is 396.8Voc*34*.0035=47.2Vrise+396.8=444V. You have to get past a -13°C low before you get above the rated limit. More than good enough if you've got a quality SCC, which should have a bit of leeway so you can hit the limit and it will work as expected, not blow up if the setup isn't perfect at the limit.
My other concerns if i configure in paralel, 2 strings, will be there any downside? what happens if 1 of the panels gets damaged during operation? how other panels behave and how inverter behaves? does it impact or damage other panels?

Worst case a damaged panel takes out half your generation capacity until you do something about it. An MPPT controller will adjust the voltage/current it draws from the panels to take the lesser of as much power as the panels can source or as much as the batteries/inverter can sink.

If the panel allows current to flow through it, but doesn't generate, you're much better off still - best case losing the equivalent of 1½-2 panels worth of power.

Back