diy solar

diy solar

Connect growatt 6000t with MOES Dual Power Controller to monitor battery

salcelia1

How can i monitor the battery level if i hook up the

MOES Dual Power Controller 50A 5500 Watt Automatic Transfer Switch for Off Grid Solar Wind System ATS​

to my growatt 6000 t inverter system? or do i have to buy another device to monitor battery levels. I dont see that the growatt 6000t has any outputs for monitoring externally. Please advice

Take your pick, 13 or 15, I'm using rs485 to pc for PV Keeper and wifi to server, 11 is dry contact for switching ats, Joe.
1622919928689.png

I am using the wifi dongle, my question is how do i connect the ATS battery monitor input to the growatt monitor? the growatt does not have an output for cables to connect to the ATS

I am using the wifi dongle, my question is how do i connect the ATS battery monitor input to the growatt monitor? the growatt does not have an output for cables to connect to the ATS
why would you use the MOES ATS for battery monitor? but if needed you have to connect the MOES directly to the battery not to the growatt.......i will my MOES ATS for a standalone charger for my 48volt using aims charger 48volt...when the battery goes down to the voltage i set it will switch to GRID and supply power to the charger

why would you use the MOES ATS for battery monitor? but if needed you have to connect the MOES directly to the battery not to the growatt.......i will my MOES ATS for a standalone charger for my 48volt using aims charger 48volt...when the battery goes down to the voltage i set it will switch to GRID and supply power to the charger
That is the great thing about a transfer switch. As long as you stay within the power limits of the switches, it doesn't care what you use the output for. Effectively all it is couple of switches for 2 different AC inputs and a battery sense terminal. If I understand your application, you don't even need the inverter input, you just hook it up to house power and when the battery voltage drops down, it turns on your charger and keeps the batteries charged. I am having issues with my transfer switch either being retarded or I am retarded but that is a topic in another thread. I sometimes just troll the boards soaking up information.

Back