diy solar

diy solar

Connecting a wind tubrine to my LV2424 system

Yankeroo

Hey everyone,
Just bought a house that came with a wind turbine. My current system consists of 2 310w solar panels connected to one of those all-in-one LV2424 hybrid inverters which charges my 24v 8s LiFePO4 battery bank. My questions are the following;
1. Can I simply get a wind specific charge controller and connect that to my battery for supplemental charging when sunlight is low?
2. Is there any other peice of equipment that is needed?
3. Will this damage my batteries?

Yes, in most instances with most chargers you should be able to get a separate charger and attach it to your batteries. The two chargers will both charge until one stops receiving sufficient power to further charge the batteries above that point. Then the other charger will take over and charge them until the batteries are fully charged.

Check your charger documentation to determine if there are any settings or wiring that should be changed to make this work. YMMV.

Adding a second charge controller should be perfectly fine. Mostly controllers will ensure that the batteries are not overcharged and should reject any leaking incoming voltage. IE by design one controller cant really push power INTO the the second charge controller.

Back