diy solar

diy solar

Connecting AC200 to Manual Transfer Switch

DJAY

Planning to install a transfer switch to back up critical loads. The transfer switch is a Reliance Pro Tran 2 with 6 circuits and options for 110/220 circuits. Now I won't be using the 220 for obvious reasons. My question is, since my main panel has both neutral and ground on the same bar, how should I connect the neutral and ground from the transfer switch to the main panel? Would it be a problem for the AC200 if neutral and ground are connected on the same bar? Thanks.

I'm curious too , how can you take 1 hot leg and split it to the two sides of the 220 input and light up all 6 circuits ? 3 circuits are lit up by 1 of the 120 legs and the other 3 are lit up by the other 120 leg of the 220 . there has to be a way to light up all 6 circuits by splitting the 120 output of the inverter just don't try to run any heavy loads

I plan on getting a Reliance ProTran2 506A and follow the Reliance instruction for hooking up to my main panel on YouTube. I don’t have a link but you can search it up. There’s like 6part series.

I plan on getting a Reliance ProTran2 506A and follow the Reliance instruction for hooking up to my main panel on YouTube. I don’t have a link but you can search it up. There’s like 6part series.
Thats not the problem though the problem is hooking up a 120 volt supply to a manual transfer switch that only has a input for 220 volt's

Sorry bud...perhaps someone with more experience will jump in to clarify your case?

Well as the original poster, I can tell you that it works with no issues. What I did was to use a 110V receptacle as the input on the transfer switch and tie both legs on the transfer switch to the hot, so that both sides are fed. Of course you also need to remove the bar to make the 220V breakers 110V. Then connect the circuits on the transfer switch to the circuits on the main panel which you need to backup, just ensure that they are 110V circuits and you should be fine. It doesn't matter which leg in the main panel that you connect to.

My concern is that there is approximately 60 Volt AC from the neutral to the ground on the AC200, so connecting the ground directly to the transfer switch will create a short between the neutral and ground of the AC200 since neutral and ground are tied together in the main circuit panel. I have mine connected as yours, but I disconnected the ground on the L14-30 receptacle to prevent that. The house receptacles fed from the transfer switch are still grounded from the main circuit panel. Did you connect yours this way or is the AC200 grounded to the main house ground?

I had that concern about the ground initially, however, that is exactly how I connected it and it's working fine without issues. Ground is connected to the main panel neutral.

Back