diy solar

diy solar

Connecting batteries to Victron Shunt

Phenix

In Will's video Victron Made Easy! Design and Communication, Step-by-Step he shows his batteries directly connected to the Lynx Shunt. I'm trying to copy pretty much what he did here but I have no post to connect the batteries directly to the shunt. Victron appears to want a distributor on each side of the shunt. I have just the one. What am I missing here? What would be my safest way to connect my batteries directly to the shunt per the video?

Thanks

Actually Victron recommends a “Power In” which is a 1000a busbar to connect to the batteries on the left side of the Lynx Shunt. (Many people use the same Power In - they just add fuses for the right side too).

Without buying that you will need to connect a bus bar to the connectors on the Lynx Shunt.

But first, let’s step back for a moment…

How big of a system are you running, if it’s a large system- then go with the Lynx shunt and two power in’s (plus the Cerbo). That makes a very nice clean system.

If your system is smaller - a Smartshunt and fuse may work better - and cheaper bus bars.

Went with the power in on left (just 2 206AH Lipo4 batteries for now) - shunt - distributor. Already have the rest of the components, just wasn't expecting to have to come up with a different plan to connect the batteries. Thanks for your help !

Back